Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: External preamp for a K&K passive pickup

Vista (North County San Diego), California

The LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI is my go to Di box with the addition of a parametric equalizer and a notch filter to dial in the best natural sound from your piezoelectric pickups with impedance matching to tame piezo quack and squawk. The Venue is a larger floor pedal that also has a built in digital tuner. The Sessions was designed with less controls for added warmth, when the strings are aggressively attacked for a honky tonk sound. Ric

Thanks for all the responses! When I plug in, I play with a group, and my need for a preamp was driven by my having a passive pickup in the instrument I play. I ended up buying an L.R. Baggs Para DI because it seems to do what I need without the bells and whistles of the two more expensive preamps, and the guy who runs my group also has a Para DI.

Vista (North County San Diego), California

Congratulations on your purchase and use of the LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI, MDS725. It's a workhorse that gets the job done right and I've been using mine for decades, as I understand it like the back of my hand. Ric

Thread Information