Season 332: The Alphabet

Apartment Song by Tom Petty, it was his hommage to Buddy Holly, in the key of A too so no surprise there.

I've been enjoying some posters use of videos (other than just playing the uke like mine are).Mountain Goat's (Jon) quirky old footage he sometime uses, Pa had some cool vintage Maritime photos. Joo's snail song incorporating her own cartoons was a lot of fun.Made me think about trying something.
So here is my first attempt.I downloaded a free video editor. Openshot. It was basic and easy. I did some sketches on the iPad.(Art / painting is my other hobby).Anyway after a busy day I got a clip together.An original A song called "As cried Little Pearl of her Thief".Going to be a hard week for me.So If I make C I'll be happy.But I'm looking forward to seeing who goes the distance.Thanks Randy.

There are tears in the lighthouse
There are tears on the waves
There are tears at the edge of the world
Where lost love makes its grave

Well that deserves a sad song
Said the poet to the muse
Bury me in black water
Cover me with blues

Shadows on a story three flights up
Man drinks his pride
From a leaking cup
Picks his way through the earthquake zone
Dawns on him that the bird has flown

Said the summer to the fall
Takes a blink for a man to sink
Inside of the boatman’s call

You can steal me once
You can steal me twice
As cried Little Pearl of her thief
But the night you swung your diamond hand
The earth cracked beneath our feet

Said the highway to the heart
The guilt and the plea
The honey and the bee
Have never been so far apart

Now its separate hows
And separate whys
Separate dreams under
Separate skies
In latitudes where lost love posts
Here there be dragons there there be ghosts

Just yesterday I was hoping a theme would come up which gave me an excuse to play this. Used to mess around with it on guitar all the time.

Wow, what a theme. At least it will simplify my daily "which song today?" question. So let's start with Billy Bragg's local version of a rather well known road song.

Here's one by Wynn Stewart I've always loved. I know I won't be able to make it all the thru the Alphabet this week due to my schedule, but I can assure those that listen, the ones I do this week will be of my standard mediocre quality..... LOL

Here's a George Jones song from the early 70's I stumbled on a few months ago I've been wanting to try. As with all George Jones song, it's a challenge to try and sing. This one was written by Jones, Tammy Wynette, and their producer Billy Sherrill.

Happy to see they are already coming in swarms. Let me add my own swarm to the mix.
Angel of the Morning- Juice Newton

Top Bottom