Season 332: The Alphabet

Ahoy
I like this theme.
I started the week off by doing Alphabet Aerobics by Blackalicious.
The lyrics go through the entire alphabet and because many of the words are not in my active vocabulary then you may notice that I don't always pronunce things correctly (but, since I am a foreigner then I guess that is fine)
Enjoy

Last edited:
I have a dilemma. One of the songs I have lined up for this season has a couple of expletives in the lyrics, one of which begins with the letter 'f'. I hardly ever swear in my normal everyday life, so I may just be being a bit oversensitive about this, but I really don't want to offend any of you. I could, of course, use alternative more acceptable words where necessary, or just leave a gap - but there's a part of me that wants to stay true to the original and sing it as originally written and intended. Opinions please?

I like to play hip-hop on my uke and there is a lot of profanity there. I only change the n-word to 'brotha', aside from that I always leave lyrics just as they were written.

Hi, Randy! Sorry ... I've just realised that I've got the Season number wrong! Love the idea of this week, but there is absolutely no way that I can take part because of the monthly limits on our Internet access; so, probably, this song is going to have to do. It is an "A" song, but covers the rest of the alphabet anyway ... if I can't manage to get any more done.

And of course we will all get to the song that we really wanted to play. While making my list this really stood out as my bare minimum.
Alejandro Escovido. Last To Know

N. Garth Brooks- Not Counting You.
This one is fun to play- and I have had a ton of coffee. And have crossed the half-way mark! YAY

Last edited:
Gotta give a nod to our host- I don’t know how he is keeping up with this, but he is, and that is mind-boggling. Big Ups mate!
Chris Murray- One Everything

I thought there would be a few going for the 26 letters, but I am surprised to see how many posts there are already on what is Monday noon here in my part of the world :) I decided to pick relatively easy and familiar songs in an effort to learn and record them in an hour or less. So some of these takes may be a little rough around the edges. Here is a Beatles tune for the A ~ Across the Universe. Thanks for hosting Randy!

Ummm...I think I had best go do some housework now ;)
P is for PARANOID. I am a dead man when she gets home from work LOL

There is no way I am going to find time to post 26 songs this week (or any week) - Chapeau to those who attempt it!

However, I decided I could include all 26 letters in a little ditty (inspired by Woody Guthrie) that lists the woes we are currently suffering in the world of the 1%.

Top Bottom