Season 332: The Alphabet

332-j

I didn't much care for coffee until I went through treatments in 2015 and then it was the only thing that tasted normal and I got hooked. Love me some Hazelnut coffee.

Here's an excellent song the Louvin Brothers did in the 50's. I played "Finnish Ukulele" on this tune to honor the late great Ira Louvin, who sang this one solo. My first time trying to play mandolin in the key of F. I hope he's not turning in his grave at my efforts here.

Last edited:
Best B song there is in my humble opinion Ralf - Bravo!
E
Hope to fine 3 more doable Greg Brown songs today ...... for sotu 332

Yes I know some of you are probably screaming this but I'm doing it for our host and I'm quite a few behind - I think I'll try and keep a steady pace of 4 a day.
Sure hope you're in this Ralf because your first 2 are just frigging BRILL!

The beauty of this theme: it has so many variations for future seasons. Reverse! Start with Z and go backward! Start with a random letter in the middle and go forward (or back). Genius!

The real challenge is for my Internet.........Its so slow uploading vids (on average 3 hrs) that I might run out of time waiting to upload 'em !! Lol

I am on the road, so haven’t checked if anyone else has mentioned this. I had similar problems some time back and started running thru my vids first with Handbrake, a free program.. I’m not sure what the setting name was but I set it at 20. This changed my upload times from potentially a few hours to perhaps 5 minutes. I have faster internet now so don’t bother any more, but it helped a lot at the time.
I well remember the frustrations tho.

Brought to you by the letter A: a Kinks song from "Muswell Hillbillies." Maybe I'll do only Kinks songs ... gotta check my list.

D

I've thought about doing this song for several past seasons. I always decided not to because that Bm was a hard one for me, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Fifty amazing entries so for. My cheeks hurt from smiling so hard.

oh my days. i've been having enough trouble lately keeping up with viewing vids, even in a regular season............... how am i gonna keep up if everyone brings 26 songs this week?!

and randy - let me know if you think this is a uke, because it's my new toy uh i mean instrument, and my uke/uke-like-plink-object of choice right now!!

a is for "a promise of love"

What a day! Back for more after a baseball game (my beloved Prunepackers were unfortunately GASSED after two double headers in 100+ degree weather and played like it), a great discovery in gastronomy, a movie where folks still have not learned the perils of bringing dinosaurs back from extinction...and a boat load of ukin! Now assuredly Mel would pick different activities for our anniversary (18th), but instead she smiles and accompanied as always. Anyway- a few more for ya.
Hey Jealousy- Gin Blossoms. This needs work.

I admit that the song that I had in mind for Val's season begins with B and I really want to do it, so I'm just getting A out of the way...

Melissa is typically not a fan of the pace of the seasons...and the pace of this one has her really shaking her head...but she knows this song so I got her to play it with me
Just Like Heaven- The Cure

Last edited:
Top Bottom