KM Soprano With Kala hard case!

Jddewitt81

Reaction score
Claro Walnut Soprano Built by Kevin Mulcock of KM ukuleles. If you know Kevin you will know what a great guy he is. One of the most down to earth builders I have had the pleasure of doing business with.

As far as I know I may be the only one in the USA that owns a KM. I really hate to sell this. It is one that I said I would never sell but I have a few personal matters that I need to take care of. I spoke with Kevin about selling it and he gave me his blessing. I won’t hesitate to ask him to build me another in the future when I am able to do so. I just don’t know when that will be!

If you wish to know more about KM-Ukuleles there is a Facebook page.

Here is a review that Barry did on a different KM ukulele.

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2018/03/km-ukuleles-dreadnought-mahogany.html?m=1

This ukulele is in excellent condition and comes with a Kala Hard case that is a great fit. Pictures can be seen in my album in the link below. Price is $450 shipped and insured in the USA only.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hf8w7fATW5P11JJb6

I love the way the builder aligned the grain of the sides with the top and back. Beautiful soprano! GLWS!

Looks lovely. I have heard nothin but good about his builds. Any comments on tone, projection, etc? I have long admired walnut, but have not played one. Any thoughts on that?

This is one of of my favourite builds. I Love this Claro Walnut.
I am looking forward to making another ;-)

Here is a couple of video demos played by Matt Hicks before I sent it to Jon. a much better demonstration than I could offer!

Jon is a great guy. I know he is very reluctant to let this one go. Unfortunately, his needs are more important :-(

Thanks Kevin for posting the videos. Matt certainly gives it better justice than I do!!

Cool uke!
Does this sop have the bolt on neck and planetary tuners described in the concert?
I see it's 14 frets to the body. What's the scale length?
Wonder if I would go nuts without fret markers...

Kevin, you are WAY too modest when you can build like this but you use a Koaloha for your profile pic...

Last edited:
This one has a bolt on neck and friction tuners. These tuners are very smooth for frictions though. Being more of a traditional soprano person I personally like frictions. I thought the same about fret markers ha but I opted for the one just at the 12. I thought it would force me to learn the neck a bit better. It certainly has helped!! I also thought it would show my respect for the 12 fretters!! Ha.. I think it turned out pretty slick!!

Cool uke!

What's the scale length?
Wonder if I would go nuts without fret markers...

Kevin, you are WAY too modest when you can build like this but you use a Koaloha for your profile pic...

Thanks Tracie

It is a standard soprano scale, just joined at 14th fret.
Lack of fret markers could be a problem, you could always use a ‘Sharpie’ to add some side dots. Permanent could easily be done too.

Your comments about my profile picture is noted! Perhaps it’s time to change? I do love the Koaloha though!! .

That's a beautiful sounding uke.
Wish I could have it.
I can't believe it's still here....

I can’t either. If it was a concert size I would have snapped it up.

I'll PM you.

Top Bottom