Any Aussies selling ukes out there?

raffrox

Reaction score
I check the Marketplace daily :) and look on longingly at the amazing ukes for sale but being based in Australia means that most are out of reach :(

I'm on the lookout for a new uke. I'm after a solid wood uke, either a concert or a tenor. I'd consider most tone woods but my current player is an all mahogany concert (Pono MCPC) but open to hearing about anything else from Australian sellers.

One of my uke life goals is definitely to own a Barron River uke. They sound and look amazing!! They are most probably a bit out of my price range at the moment unfortunately, even secondhand. I'm most probably looking for a step down from Allan's uke's price wise at the moment.

Scott Wise is also not too far from me and his ukes are ones I'm aiming to own at some stage as well.

Yep, the used ukulele market is much smaller in Australia and Europe (especially outside of the UK), compared to North America. If it wasn't, I would have bought more used instruments instead of mostly getting them new and then selling them with a substantial loss.

Yep, the used ukulele market is much smaller in Australia and Europe (especially outside of the UK), compared to North America. If it wasn't, I would have bought more used instruments instead of mostly getting them new and then selling them with a substantial loss.

Yeah, that is part of the issue for sure.

I tend to buy and sell lots of ukes as I like to try different brands and tone woods and see what fits my playing and preferences.

If they are second hand then I generally can buy and sell for around the same price with a few small wins and losses along the way but otherwise if I lose patience and buy a new uke I end up losing quite a bit of cash.

I don't mind buying new like I did with my Pono but it's also fun to buy and sell second hand and to play ukes of different shapes and sizes.

Yes barron river ukes are some of the best in the world in my humble opinion all my performance ukes are Barron Rivers

Top Bottom