New KoAloha Video by HMS/The Ukulele Site

UkeStuff

Reaction score
Andrew published this video today...incredibly well done and showing what Pops has accomplished since 1995. I also love the introduction and explanation of non-Koa tone woods that KoAloha has been using.

This deserves to be a PBS special!

Fascinating ... thanks!

I watched it with closed captions, since it's a little noisy here. As you probably know from CC on TV, they don't always get it right. Around 17:09, he mentions a pyrographer from Romania, and it got translated as "pile of fur." How would you like being described as a pile of fur? ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrography

That reminds me of the song "Five Foot Two," and the line, "Five foot two, eyes of blue, covered with fur." Only a male bear would be attracted by a female covered with fur. :)

That is such a great video. KoAlohas are my favorite of the K brands not just for their tone, volume and customer service/warranty (though IMHO they are the best at all three) but because of the people. The Okamis are some of the warmest, most wonderful people that I have ever had the pleasure of getting to know. I highly recommend that anyone visiting Honolulu take a visit to their factory. It is time well spent - and easy to get to now that they moved from Kalihi to Kaka'ako (they are now about a block from Ala Moana Center).

That is such a great video. KoAlohas are my favorite of the K brands not just for their tone, volume and customer service/warranty (though IMHO they are the best at all three) but because of the people. The Okamis are some of the warmest, most wonderful people that I have ever had the pleasure of getting to know. I highly recommend that anyone visiting Honolulu take a visit to their factory. It is time well spent - and easy to get to now that they moved from Kalihi to Kaka'ako (they are now about a block from Ala Moana Center).

Maybe I should start shopping for airline tickets. : )

I got the eBook version of "Listen with..." Very good.

If you like interesting right hand techniques, take a look at Kimo Hussey.

I just find that Pops makes his ukes sound really good, and as I am sorely lacking in good technique, his is one I would like to try. Hopefully it's fairly standard and someone can point me toward an educational resource.

Great video, thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom