Baritone Left Handed Tutor Book

wackford

Reaction score
I am new to Ukulele this year after 65 years of playing Brass - reluctantly retired!!! Have a Tenor and not doing too badly - now have a Baritone on order but can't find A Baritone Ukulele Left Handed Tutor Book. Anyone help me on this please?

I'm relatively sure that this doesn't exist. Material for baritone ukulele is kind of sparse, and the instruction books I have seen or know about are all for right-handed players. The recommendation given in one of them (which I have seen in guitar books also) is that left-handed players play right-handed. I don't know how feasible this advice is, but both hands have challenging tasks when playing a stringed instrument, and I think it may actually be an advantage to be able to fret with the dominant hand.

Baritone UKe L/H Tutor

I'm relatively sure that this doesn't exist. Material for baritone ukulele is kind of sparse, and the instruction books I have seen or know about are all for right-handed players. The recommendation given in one of them (which I have seen in guitar books also) is that left-handed players play right-handed. I don't know how feasible this advice is, but both hands have challenging tasks when playing a stringed instrument, and I think it may actually be an advantage to be able to fret with the dominant hand.

Thanks for the reply - probably just as I thought. I will try scanning the R/H Baritone Chords and then flip the file in M/soft Word. No way can I play right handed.....but if was using a cricket bat...........! Cheers. I note that I am a "junior member". Wonder if this is this 'cos I am new to the site..... I am 77!

Last edited:
The nicest introduction book for baritone that I found is Bruce Emery's "Baritone Ukulele From Scratch". I bought it directly from the author here (the URL seems down for me temporarily), but it's also available on Amazon. The other baritone-related book I enjoy is Baritone Ukulele Aerobics (link). It's a pure workout/exercises book with a brisk pace. I look at the weekly exercises as "units", not as something I must finish in a week.

Welcome to the forum! We have some regulars here who are ten years your senior! :) Enjoy your baritone uke!

Top Bottom