William King Long-Scale Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonosity

Reaction score
I have one of the last long-scale tenor ukes that Bill made, before he went back to his IT job, full time. Don’t know if he’s back to building. Hope so. In any case, if there are still people interested, and would like to see some photos, I’ll take and post them. I waited a long time on the order from him, since I’d really wanted a particalurly special set of Koa. Tight fiddle back figure. Pretty spectacular piece. As in mint a condition as when I received it from him.

I'd really like to see photos of that. Are you selling it? I'm not in the market right now, but I'd still like to see photos of it.

Don't tell my wife, but I'm always in the market! Not sure if I can afford it, but I certainly would like to see the King tenor. Sometimes it's just a matter of how much other stuff I need to sell. :)

Okay, I’ll get on it. Bill did such a great job at taking professional looking photos of his completed instruments. He used props, like bottles of rum and Hemingway novels set around the uke. I’m looking through all my devices to see if I saved any of themed from his site. If not, I’ll take some decent shots, ASAP.

William King, Model A3: (Long-Scale Tenor) Ukulele

Build Specifications:

Top, Back & Sides:
* AAAAA curly Koa

Rosette:
* Decorative wood banding

Neck:
* 1 1/2" bone nut, bone saddle
* 14 fret long scale
* Deep ‘D’ profile
* Honduras Mahogany or Spanish Cedar
* Carbon-fiber composite rod

Fretboard:
* Ebony fingerboard
* No face markers
* Side markers at 3, 5, 7, 12, 15, 17 of Paua shell
* 16" fingerboard radius option

Headstock:
* Slotted headstock
* Gilbert black tuners, with Snakewood buttons and dots
* Ebony faceplate
* Ebony veneer on back of headstock with MOP crown inlay
* Side, curly Koa, binding
* Maker’s Mark (Logo) on back.

Bridge:
* Ebony tie style bridge
* 43mm string spacing

Purfling:
* Dark curly Koa body bindings
* White pinstripe purfling

Finish:
* Gloss lacquer

Misc:
* Worth fluorocarbon strings

Click on images to view (and then zoom in):

WilliamKingTail.jpg WilliamKingBack.jpg WilliamKingHeadstock.jpg WilliamKingFullFront.jpg
View attachment 110100

Last edited:
$3280, plus the cost of shipping. The terms would be check, personal or cashier's. Please PM me.

Last edited:
Very nice. What kind of tuners are those? They look like they could open a canal lock or raise a drawbridge. Gorgeous instrument!

Wow...what a beauty! Wish I was in the market for it.
I’m fortunate enough to own a William King 13 fret super-soprano probably made out of the same wood.
And now back to out regularly scheduled.program...

Thanks! Congrats on acquiring the King soprano. At the time, one of the biggest draws to buying this long-scale tenor, was the increased fingering space provided. The smaller size of a soprano wasn’t going to work...for me, anyway.

This is quote from Bill King, from one of his emails to me: “I'm 6' 3" as well, and I'm sure the modified 'D' neck profile neck will be perfect. I think your long scale neck will go a long way in making the instrument easier for someone like you or me to play. My left hand thumb to pinky measurement is 9 3/4".

Nice ukulele - but you're going to have a tough time getting someone here to send you a $3k check when you only just joined UU. You may want to consider PayPal.

Nice ukulele - but you're going to have a tough time getting someone here to send you a $3k check when you only just joined UU. You may want to consider PayPal.
And not much protection for you, even money orders anf cashiers checks can be bogus, never mind personal checks.

Sorry, the uke has sold. Thanks for you kind comments and compliments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom