Aiersi?

quietosprey

Reaction score
Has anyone here bought from Aiersi / do you have any opinions on them?

I'm pretty poor and a beginner (though a more serious one, I play a few instruments already), but I did see Barry from GotAUkulele review one and it did pretty well.

I'm considering. Anyone have experiences with them?

If it matters: I'll probably have order from Amazon, but I reckon I can get it setup elsewhere if it needs it. I think, anyways.

Thanks!

Are you talking about the $29 Concert Zebrawood package? https://www.amazon.com/Aiersi-Ukule...31&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Aiersi+Ukulele&psc=1

I don't even know what to say about it. In truth, it can't be much worse than a Caramel (starting at $36), and for $29 is quite a steal. That said, I've had my fill of zebra wood for a lifetime, and I don't want any more ukuleles with zebra wood laminate in my possession or care (I still have a sopranino Caramel, which is a fine little laminate sopranino--but Caramel doesn't make that any more, either).

$29 might be a gamble worth taking. Please take note that you might have to deal with some action issues at the nut and saddle, as well as potential sharp fret edges ("set-up"). The sound may be a "boxy" sound typical of an inexpensive laminate. Fluorocarbon strings like Martin 600s might help that a bit. But, give it a try and see what happens.

Thank you Choirguy for bringing the Aersi zebrawood concert to my attention.

I was looking for a uke for my canoe cheap enough that there would be no regrets if it got damaged or lost. It just arrived today and I'm impressed!

The setup was perfect in terms of height at the nut and 12th fret. With the string fretted at the third fret the string barely cleared the first fret. String height at the 12th fret was .090 inches (2.3mm). Intonation at the 12th fret was close but not perfect. It has a compensated saddle.

The sealed tuners work smoothly.

Sound is a bit boxy as you suggested it might be, but not bad.

Fret ends don't stick out past the fretboard with the current high humidity level-might need some attention next winter.

The "foam bag" listed has a heavy nylon shell lined on the inside. Any foam if it exists is extremely thin and offers no added protection. It has a noxious smell like many chinese plastics. It's currently exiled to the outdoors until it airs out sufficiently.

The strap included is the yoke type with a plastic hook for the soundhole

If Aiersi's normal factory setup is as good as the example I have I would give an unqualified recommendation to a beginner. If a beginner started on the uke I have, the setup from the factory wouldn't hold them back.

Figuring $20 for the uke and $9 for the bag and accessories it is quite a bargain.

Last edited:
Nice to hear! I went ahead and got one, it should be here Friday. I'm not the most experienced when it comes to ukuleles so maybe my thoughts on it's quality won't be totally accurate, but I'll see about doing a review for it when I get a feel of it.

Top Bottom