Season 333 - Three three three

I found out, there are some nice international children's songs, where the number three figures, so I'm planning to do some of them for this season.
I'm going to start with the German "Drei Chinesen mit dem Kontrabass"(Three Chinese people with the double bass).
You first sing one verse with all the vowels as they are, and then each verse using the same vowel for each syllabe.
Dro Chonoson mot dem Kontroboss, Tra Chanasan mat dam Kantrabass...

Here's a Paul McCartney song with three chords. I used three instruments, two ukes and a shaker.

Last edited:
I'm coming firing out of the gate with a 33 just for you Ylle! 3 is my favorite number. This is off David Allan Coe's debut album in 1969, so 969 there, and it has three chords!

Here's a Jimmy C. Newman song, written by Tom T. Hall, from the late 60's. In my opinion this should be in the running for one of the saddest songs in the whole world. I did this one awhile back also.

This is a song from my childhood growing up in the USA.
I also sang it to my daughter back when we had three in our family.
Anyone who watched Saturday morning cartoons on television as a kid got a gentle education from this song and many others written by Bob Dorough (RIP.)
A most beautiful song about the magic number three.

Here is a link to more Schoolhouse Rock! songs written by Bob Dorough:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/25/...=RelatedCoverage&pgtype=Article&region=Footer

Last edited:
It's got to be done, and I couldn't see anyone else's version before I started on it.
3 little birds

Here's a song written in 1958 by Lieber and Stoller and first recorded by the Coasters.

Anyway, back to threes.

Peter, Paul and Mary were an early influence of mine. Like many revival folk groups they sang a mixture of traditional and recently composed songs. This one is traditional. In their recording they left out the last verse. Like many (but not all, let me stress) American traditional songs this one likely came originally from the British Isles.
I sing this song regularly.

This qualifies on 3 counts:
1. 66=22x3
2. It only uses 3 chords (C, F and G7 if you want to play along)
3. It’s based on the little known Depeche Mode version (B-side of the single ‘Behind The Wheel’) and Depeche Mode have sometimes had only 3 members during their 30+ year history (and still going strong AFAIK).

Edit: Just watched this back - still sorely lacking in the charisma department - sorry folks!:(

Last edited:
Top Bottom