Anyone use a nano 360 looper with their ukulele?

cyber3d

Reaction score
Hi all, I have never used a looper with my ukulele before. but I saw the nano 360 and it looks really interesting. I'm thinking of pairing it with my superego plus (also from electro-harmonix paired with my acoustic ukuleles.

Do you like it? Do you wish you had bought something else?

Since you haven't had any bites on this one...

I'm not much of a looper guy, but my impression is that out of all the pedals you can buy, a looper is the most generic. They all intentionally do pretty much the same exact thing. The main difference is the footswitch configuration/pricepoint. Usually the single switch ones require a double-tap to stop. I have a hard time with this. It also doesn't allow you to start the loop again, whereas a two switch looper will.

EHX makes good stuff, but the Boss, TCE, and others all do the same thing. I'd be mindful of the record time and footswitches you prefer (click-type, soft-type). For the record, Mike Love uses a Digitech last time I checked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU7hZ3smj0g. :cool:

It also doesn't allow you to start the loop again, whereas a two switch looper will.
I don't think that's universally true. I have a Boss RC-2 single pedal looper and you could definitely start and stop the loop. But I agree it was hard to control for me and I think I used it on exactly one project and haven't touched it in years. I think if I wanted to get into looping again, I'd look into a MIDI foot controller to pair with an iPad looper like Loopy HD.

I don't think that's universally true. I have a Boss RC-2 single pedal looper and you could definitely start and stop the loop. But I agree it was hard to control for me and I think I used it on exactly one project and haven't touched it in years. I think if I wanted to get into looping again, I'd look into a MIDI foot controller to pair with an iPad looper like Loopy HD.

Jim, can you describe your setup with Loopy HD? I have an IPad I use to display music sheets. But, not as a DAW. What is your workflow if I may ask?

Hippie Guy, the Nano360 is a simple looper but it supposedly has a 9vt battery and up to 10 "storage folders" for loops. Those were what caught my eye.

I don't think that's universally true. I have a Boss RC-2 single pedal looper and you could definitely start and stop the loop.

Right - Duh. That's why you double tap to clear it! For some reason I was thinking of the two pedal looper feature where you can stop recording without playing the loop back. I think that's pretty important to seamless integration in a show, but it all depends what you want to do with it.

Hippie Guy, the Nano360 is a simple looper but it supposedly has a 9vt battery and up to 10 "storage folders" for loops. Those were what caught my eye.

Then go for it! All I was trying to say is that you can buy the one with your favorite paint job and it will probably be fine.

Let us know how it is!

Jim, can you describe your setup with Loopy HD? I have an IPad I use to display music sheets. But, not as a DAW. What is your workflow if I may ask?
Well, I really haven't done much with Loopy. That's why I said "if I wanted to get into looping". I've just done some basic experiments like hooking a guitar interface up or even using the built in mic to capture a rhythm phrase and then try melody ideas against it. Nothing really "for keeps".

I've done a lot more with more conventional DAW apps like Cubasis. Workflow there is pretty similar to a desktop DAW although the integration between apps is more "fiddly" dealing with things like IAA and Audiobus. But things are getting better in that regard with the AUv3 standard.

Top Bottom