Ohana SK250M long neck soprano

HonuHank

Reaction score
Anybody tried one of these? Truly amazing value. The cedar top resonates forever. Sounds great. Kind of a warmed up version of a punchy soprano with the benefit of a concert scale. D1CAA903-9F7A-45A1-B8FE-010DAAFF09B8.jpg
C32AB3BE-4AC6-43B2-8433-EC2C00FCFD50.jpg
6196964E-2214-4EBA-8B3A-BB28124659A0.jpg

I got one this spring from Mim at the Allegheny Ukulele Soiree. It's a great instrument, well-built, absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, and as usual coming from Mim, it's set up perfectly. I'm just not sure that a soprano-bodied ukulele is the instrument for me. The concert-scale neck is fine, but the small soprano body just doesn't have a sound that appeals to me. It's loud, bright, and has huge sustain, but the soprano "quack" makes me cringe a bit. I'm seriously considering selling this one before I bang it around and get it messed up. If you like the sound of a soprano, then I agree that this particular model is great. I just wish that I loved the sound.

(Maybe "quack" isn't the right term. It's a super-bright jangly sound that I associate with small-bodied ukuleles. Kind of the old-school ukulele sound.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom