Brian’s new book of Duet and Solo Arrangements

UkeFoote

Reaction score
Hello everyone at UU and especially my fellow Seasonistas -

I want to proudly announce the publishing of “Ukulele Adventures”, my first book of duet and solo arrangements of classical and traditional music from around the world.

Ukulele Adventures features twelve pieces, each arranged for both duet and solo ukulele performance. It is an excellent repertoire companion to the Green, Red, and Purple book series of the James Hill/Chalmers Doane teaching methodology, “Ukulele in the Classroom”. The pieces are notated in standard notation, following the format of the Ukulele in the Classroom series.

A cd is included with the book, which is particularly useful for practicing the duet arrangements; panning to the left or right isolates one or the other parts in playback.

The publisher is Empire Music (Vancouver, B.C. Canada). The editor is James Hill. The wonderful illustrations that accompany the pieces are by our fellow UUer and Seasonista, Joo (Sia Joo Hiang).

Here’s a video to help introduce the book. I hope that in the future some of you may be interested in recording and posting your own renditions of the arrangements. Feel free to post them in this thread.

This is the duet arrangement of “Simple Gifts” by Joseph Brackett. The ukulele one part is played on a concert ukulele, the ukulele two part on a tenor ukulele.

Last edited:
Awesome! I just ordered one! I ran into a small problem when ordering - I followed your first link, but then the site only took Canada orders! To get the right country, I went to empire music.net, and then everything went fine!

I'm looking forward to seeing this beautiful book!

Awesome! I just ordered one! I ran into a small problem when ordering - I followed your first link, but then the site only took Canada orders! To get the right country, I went to empire music.net, and then everything went fine!

Ukulele Adventures Link: For the Yanks

This looks great Brian, but alas I've never been patient enough to learn to read notation. If you want to tab one out for me I'll buy it like a shot mate (Ok I know I'm pushing my luck here) Lol

Thanks man!

And thank you SandChannel for posting a link for the Yanks!

performance/workshop in Honolulu July 12

I'll be giving a free performance/workshop at PoePoe Hawaiian Cultural Center on Thursday, July 12 from noon to 1:30.

I will perform solo selections from "Ukulele Adventures", and then lead a workshop to teach folks how to play a piece from the duet arrangements.

wkshp posterjpg.jpg

If any of you are in town it would be great to see you!

Last edited:
Finally, able to get back online and congratulate you, Brian!

I will get one even though I can't read a lick of music!
Well, I mean I can. Let's see....C is on the line below those five lines, skip the space and its E, skip another and its G.......

:)

Edit: Ordered!

Last edited:
Where can I find the table of contents/list of arrangements?
Here you go(each arranged for duet and solo ukulele):

At Hyd Y Nos (all through the night)
Minuet (Krieger)
Chinese Lullaby
Simple Gifts (Brackett)
Greensleeves
Tutu Maramba
Siciliana (Catullus)
Hungarian Dance
Largo (Vivaldi)
Spagnetta
Waltz (Aguado)