L.E.D. Lighting

Timbuck

Reaction score
I spent most of yesterday replacing all the flourescrent lighting tubes in the workshop with LED fittings...And what a difference it's amazing what technology has done with this modern lighting...Six four foot tubes and fittings...plus two five foot tubes have lit up the place like a supermarket.. Three year warranty, Tube life expectancy - 45,000 hours (at 8 hrs a day 7 days a week thats 15 years)...And it only cost about a hundred quid..and reduced the electricity bill by about 80%:cheers: http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBay...descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0 and the best thing is they come on right away when you flick the switch, non of that flickering and having to tap the starter when the awkward one won't come on.;)

Last edited:
I changed mine as well last year. Used Beam LED and happy with them and a reasonable cost too. I just bought the strip lights and rewired the existing holders and stripped out the ballast and unnecessary extra wiring. Lights are now silent, no flickering, come on instantly and use 80% less power. I got the cool white ones which are very close to natural daylight. No longer get the same eyestrain I used to. Bob

Cool!

I spent most of yesterday replacing all the flourescrent lighting tubes in the workshop with LED fittings...And what a difference it's amazing what technology has done with this modern lighting...Six four foot tubes and fittings...plus two five foot tubes have lit up the place like supermarket.. Three year warranty, Tube life expectancy - 45,000 hours (at 8 hrs a day 7 days a week thats 15 years)...And it only cost about a hundred quid..and reduced the electricity bill by about 80%:cheers: http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBay...descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0 and the best thing is they come on right away when you flick the switch, non of that flickering and having to tap the starter when the awkward one won't come on.;)

GREAT! IF KEN IS WELL AND WORKS GLADLY, NEW UKES WILL BE EVEN BETTER IN QUALITY AND SOUND (hope better in price as well :p).
We love your Ukes Ken and we are waiting for the new batch, even some Koa wooden Sopranos �� as you said you had some nice chunks of Koa wood sleeping in your workplace).

Last edited:
I had no idea the florescent tubes could be replaced with led's. Thanks for the heads up!! Now I'm on the hunt for the replacements

Just checked Amazon and there are many to choose from

Last edited:
Top Bottom