Imua soprano for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafterGirl

Reaction score
It is with great sadness that I list this little beauty for sale. I did a lot of searching before buying a quality soprano & was very excited to find this one. However, after two months of daily playing, I now know that I'm squarely a concert scale girl. I get by ok with my Islander soprano for camping, but concert is my happy place. This is a really sweet little soprano, and I hate parting with it.

About this ukulele - Built in Honolulu Hawaii by Imua. Solid koa top, back, and sides, with a pretty flame to it. Neck is Honduran mahogany. Fretboard & bridge are rosewood. Fret markers & headstock logo are abalone. Bone nut & saddle. Grover tuners. Oil & wax satin finish. The body edges have a slight bevel to them that's very nice & smooth. I contacted Imua when I bought it & confirmed that it was built in 2016. I purchased it via Reverb from a guitar shop in Colorado. It was listed in used/mint condition, and honestly appeared to be brand new. It still had the Imua, Aquila, and Grover hang tags with it. I changed out the stock Aquila strings for Worth Clears, and bought a Crossrock case. It has been properly stored & humidified, and remains in mint condition.

Here are a couple reviews/sound samples from YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHNoG4gArGo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8fZBwvisfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnV4rt_bbsk

Here is a link to the Imua website -
https://www.imuabrand.com/shop/imua-soprano-hawaiian-koa-ukulele-w-case

Here are pictures of the ukulele. It is a little more "petite" in size as compared to my Islander soprano.

New, this ukulele sold for $769. I purchased it for $575 + the Crossrock case.
Selling for $500, which includes the Crossrock case + shipping. CONUS only. PayPal for payment.
Please PM me with questions or interest in buying. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
More pictures. The uke also comes with a soft gig bag.

Attachments

• DSCF1660.jpg
    DSCF1660.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF1657.jpg
    DSCF1657.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
What a beauty! Can you tell me how wide the nut is?

37mm or 1 7/16 by my measurement I'm a fan of wider nuts, so I always shoot for 37mm to 38mm on all my ukuleles.

I think Imua is only doing custom orders now. This is a really good opportunity for someone looking to get one!

Pretty! I really like the satin finish.
So both this one and the Islander have 14 frets to the body but soprano scale?
I sold the Imua I had (lovely instrument) before I figured out if it was a smaller bodied concert (what it was called when I bought it) or actually a larger bodied sop with 14 frets to the body.
I did measure the scale length, but don't remember now what it was. I think it fell right in between other sopranos and concerts I have but closer to the Koaloha concert I had at the time which was also in between.

Last edited:
Pretty! I really like the satin finish.
So both this one and the Islander have 14 frets to the body but soprano scale?
I sold the Imua I had (lovely instrument) before I figured out if it was a smaller bodied concert (what it was called when I bought it) or actually a larger bodied sop with 14 frets to the body.
I did measure the scale length, but don't remember now what it was. I think it fell right in between other sopranos and concerts I have but closer to the Koaloha concert I had at the time which was also in between.

The Imua scale measures 13.5 inches, and the Islander measures 13 5/8 inches. While both have 14 frets to the body, neither would be considered a long-neck soprano, as that would be a soprano body & concert scale neck of 15 inches. I guess they would both be extended fret sopranos? The Imua is far lighter, louder, sweeter, and more resonate than the Islander......but then the Islander is my laminate camping uke, so it's supposed to be a tank.
I have a Loprinzi concert that's smaller bodied, but it measures 15 inches, same as my KoAloha concert, and my Gary Gill tenor body/concert neck.

Last edited:
Price drop to $525, which includes shipping within the CONUS, Crossrock case & soft gig bag. CONUS only. Paypal. Please be aware that I will be out of town from Friday to Tuesday.

I noticed today that HMS has an Imua soprano for sale. Mine differs from their with Grovers tuners & satin finish. Theirs has UPTs and gloss finish. I think mine has a little nicer flame to the koa. You can listen to an awesome sound sample by Kalei.
https://www.theukulelesite.com/imua-ukulele-soprano-package-isg.html?___SID=U

Last edited:
I'm back from river rafting. Price drop to $500, which includes shipping (CONUS), Crossrock case, and gig bag.

The Imua is sold. Heading to it's new home on Monday. Thanks UU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom