My 14" bandsaw up for grabs

Timbuck

Reaction score
I'm upgrading to a bigger more expensive bandsaw and I will be looking to sell my 14" SIP 01489 ... before I put it on eBay I am offering it to this forum first...As my intended new bandsaw will have longer blades, I will also be including an assortment of blades along with this SIP bandsaw.
It will have to be collected in person from the North East of England..Stripped down it should easily fit into a Hatchback or medium sized car...If interested PM me.
It's like this one but minus the dust extractor sip.jpg

Last edited:
What you buying Ken. I got a Warco out of nostalgia and regretted it... It only does resawing now

I'm getting this one from Axminster SBW4300B trade series bandsaw... I got a nice bit of discount as well just for asking :)
ax saw.jpg

Key Features

Braked induction motor and electrically interlocked doors for safety
Twin dust ports for efficient extraction, 1,000m³/hr airflow required
Cast iron table, ground surface finish with a 19mm T slot
Heavy duty bearing guides hold the blade securely for accuracy
Rigid rip fence with magnified scale lens and accurate mitre fence
Quick release blade tensioning lever eases blade changing

In Detail

A bandsaw is probably the most versatile machine in any workshop and often the first machine used when preparing timber. With a powerful motor, large capacities and made to the exacting standards we expect of our Trade range of machines, this bandsaw has become firmly established. It offers excellent safety features including braked motor and interlocked doors and twin extraction ports. A rigid welded steel chassis, cast iron table and heavy duty bearing blade guides are standard, along with a rigid rip fence and precision mitre fence. One often overlooked feature is the ease of changing the blade; it has a quick release blade tensioning lever which substantially speeds up the process of blade changing. Two belt speeds offer the right speed for the job, big or small. A wide range of blades is available, all made here in Axminster. First class build quality, ease of use and versatility mark this bandsaw out as a top machine for trade use. Supplied with rip fence, mitre fence and 1/2" x 6tpi bandsaw blade. N.B. 16A supply required.
Specification
Bandsaw Blade Length 3,327 mm (131")
Bandsaw Wheel Diameter 430 mm
Blade Speed 390 & 840 m/min
Blade Width Min\Max 3 mm to 25 mm
Dust Extraction Outlet 100 mm
Max Cutting Height 300 mm
Max Width of Cut 410 mm
Max Width of Cut with Fence 370 mm
Min Extraction Airflow Required 1,500 m³/hr
Model SBW4300B
Nett Weight 146 kg
Overall L x W x H 800 mm x 690 mm x 1,800 mm
Power 1.5 kW
Rating Trade
Table Height 950 mm
Table Size 600 mm x 445 mm
Table Tilt 5° - 0° - 45°
Voltage 230 V
Warranty Trade Classification & 3 Year Guarantee

Last edited:
Looks very much like my machine or at least from the same stable. Check the parts (my pinion in the rise and fall guard was ABS and failed very quickly) and alignment of the thrust bearings as I know you will. I've found the 5/8" TuffSaw resaw blades work better on my machine than the 3/4" and I cannot run a 1/4" on this saw....

Last edited:
That looks like a serious band saw. Better than the one you started with. (Icky)..,. I love my bandsaw. A good bandsaw is like a good woman: Always there. Or perhaps a good band saw is like a good man: Always there. Or whatever...

That looks like a serious band saw. Better than the one you started with. (Icky)..,. I love my bandsaw. A good bandsaw is like a good woman: Always there. Or perhaps a good band saw is like a good man: Always there. Or whatever...
Yes! it's a big improvement I'll let you know more when it arrives...I was torn between this 14" and the Axminster Trade series BS11-INV I was very impressed with this bandsaw video of it http://festoolownersgroup.com/other-tool-reviews/axminster-bs11-and-bs11-inv-trade-series-bandsaws/ But! it didn't have the cutting height that I required :(..If they did a bigger version of it I would have gone for it.

Last edited:
Just had a phone call from the Axminster transport department..I got to wait until
Wednesday 18th for the new bandsaw to arrive at my workshop.:(

Last edited:
My bandsaw has now left the building.....it will be 3 days before the replacement arrives..and now there is an empty space in my workshop...it's like losing a best friend.:(

I hope it found a good home. The pain will go away in time Ken. Soon to be replaced by a new love. Caution: DO NOT sleep with your band saw. It only leads to heartbreak and potential deep lacerations.

Top Bottom