Antica Ukuleleria Moderno Tenor - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
What a beautiful sound instrument. Blue would not be my first choice either but I sure like the design of the uke as a whole.

Thank you for another great review Barry.

Cheers,

Steve.

Thanks Steve - yes, this was a special one that was a treat to take a look at

Lovely, lovely instrument!! Wonderful Italian stylish flare. I personally love that blue:) Thanks for reviewing, and introducing this maker to me Barry!

Totally my pleasure!!

Thank for the review. I was nice to read and also listen to the Uke. I found these a year ago and thought they were interesting especially the red spruce and design. I like the cutaway. On their site they had the trim etc in one picture in a natural mahogany which looked pretty good. I like the blue, but sure I'd like all the colors. At the time I just wasn't prepared to gamble and sent it all the way to Canada and then not be happy. Great review so you have help with some of my concerns. Very nice looking ukulele. Very unique and I have no double now of the quality. Cheers

Thanks for the very informative review. It's a lovely uke but a bit overpriced IMO. Plus, I like plenty of sustain. You can always damp sustain if it's too much, but only if it's there. If it's not there, it's not there.

What a cool video ziret! Nice playing.
That is one of the most unusual looking ukes I've ever seen, I could look at it till I run out of :drool:!
The last custom uke I had built is a spruce top with maple back and sides, and wow, what tone, gobs of volume, and sustain.
That's the way to build an ukulele!

Wish I could take credit for any of it, but I'm not even the person who originally posted the video. But I agree with you!

What a cool video ziret! Nice playing.
That is one of the most unusual looking ukes I've ever seen, I could look at it till I run out of :drool:!
The last custom uke I had built is a spruce top with maple back and sides, and wow, what tone, gobs of volume, and sustain.
That's the way to build an ukulele!

Here's another video featuring my Moderno.
I can't complain about a lack of sustain.

Top Bottom