City of Lights Ukulele Festival - August 26 - Aurora, IL

Cornfield

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
We are going to have a Ukulele Festival in Aurora, IL on August 26.
Headliners include Gerald Ross, Lil' Rev, The Fabulous Heftones, Lanialoha Lee, The Beatleleles and the Hix Bros Ukulele Band.
This event will take place on the freshly renovated Water Street Mall in wonderful Downtown Aurora, IL.

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1027763467380596/

I just learned that Cary, the new owner of Mya Moe will be one of the vendors at the City of Lights Ukulele Festival.

There will be two main stages, an open mic stage and also 2-3 workshop stages at the Aurora festival.
In addition to ukulele activities, the David L. Pierce Art and History Center, SciTech Museum, Aurora Regional Fire Museum, and GAR Memorial Hall and Museum will be open for free to the public from noon to 6pm.

In a few minutes I'll be going to the penultimate planning meeting for the City of Lights Ukulele Festival. Aurora is about 40 miles West of Chicago. Plenty of free parking is available. We're hoping to draw visitors from Chicago, Milwaukee and Indianapolis.

Best of luck with the festival...hope you have a great turn out and it all goes well!

Hi Cornfield, will you be posting workshop and concert schedules this week? If they're on the website, I haven't been able to find them. It would be easier to drum up interest among my friends if I could tell them what workshops are being offered, and which performers are playing when. "Some workshops but I don't know who's leading or what they're about" and "playing sometime between 11 and 6" has not been very persuasive ;-) Thanks and here's hoping the festival's a great success.

Hi Cornfield, will you be posting workshop and concert schedules this week? If they're on the website, I haven't been able to find them. It would be easier to drum up interest among my friends if I could tell them what workshops are being offered, and which performers are playing when. "Some workshops but I don't know who's leading or what they're about" and "playing sometime between 11 and 6" has not been very persuasive ;-) Thanks and here's hoping the festival's a great success.

The schedule won't be released on line. Each of the main performers will do a set on the Main stage, the B stage and one workshop so each will be performing in one way or another throughout the day. There are also two open mic sessions Noon-2 and 3-5.
If the event is successful, we will try to make it a two day annual event. I hope that you and your friends are able to make it.

It's going to be a great day in Aurora, IL. Come on out and support the City of Lights Ukulele Festival. We want to make this an annual event so please come out and support it. And SMILE

A lot of people got to meet the new owner / luthier of Mya-Moe and got to try out some of his new product.

Top Bottom