Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: SOTU 334 Songs For Lesley (barefootgypsy)

Quote Originally Posted by bonesigh View Post
    Hey, BTW... Any Seasonistaís out here in the Benicia area or San Jose area I might be able to get together with?
    I work not too far from SJ, but we start our own travels tomorrow. Next time!
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Quote Originally Posted by bonesigh View Post
    I could not participate this week except for my song, Leslieís song, with Dennis Danner. Such a lovely song. Even though I didnít get something up this week, when my Ukulele arrives during my vacation in California (I ordered one so I wouldnít have to bring it on the plane). I will finish writing the song I wrote for Leslie partially when I was with Dennis Danner and his LSW, Evelyn, and I will post it here :-) Warm wishes to everyone and especially to Leslie.

Hey, BTW... Any Seasonistaís out here in the Benicia area or San Jose area I might be able to get together with?
    That would be terrific Janet. I am looking forward to hearing it. I was so happy to see you participate with Dennis and Evelyn
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by mythinformed View Post
    Well done Linda and just remember Lesley never Bb be Happy
    That is just what my mother used to say to me when I was 12
    Last edited by lelouden; Yesterday at 06:33 PM.
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginas uke View Post
    Greetings,

Kind words / deeds often go unnoticed in a world hungry for negativity. Seasons is an oasis, and I am grateful to have participated. Thank you Linda for providing us this opportunity. Off to watch the vids now ��

Ciao
    Thank You Gina and I quite agree. This is one place that the internet feels good among good folks

Hi Bonesigh, My ukulele group meets on Wed 7/18 6-8pm and you are welcome to join us. We're meeting in Belmont, CA about 45 mins north of San Jose. We're doing a 1 hr workshop on playing the basics of playing Bass and then a jam session. Here's a link for more information. https://www.meetup.com/Peninsula-Uku.../hrhdklyxkbxb/
    Everybody should have and play a uke. Itís so simple to carry with you and it is one instrument you canít play and not laugh! - George Harrison

Organizer, Peninsula Ukulele Group www.meetup.com/Peninsula-Ukulele-Group

Quote Originally Posted by Harry122 View Post
    Linda, I am amazed by your good heart and your enthusiasm. Leslie, my thoughts are with you, whatever that means! Both of you are beautiful people, and I am grateful for friends like you and all the amazing Seasonistas here. Great Season.
    Thank You Randy. This is a great bunch of people. This community is unusual I think. But hey, I blame the uke! Good people and the uke go hand in hand

Leslie is a diamond among all the gems we have here!

Quote Originally Posted by turtledrum View Post
    Thank you very very much, Linda! I think we'll all remember this Season as being very very special!
    This season will remain in my mind and heart for a long long time, thanks to all of special people. xx

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Pavement View Post
    Thank you again Linda, for being such a giving and gracious host.

And thank you Lesley for allowing us to celebrate you and your contributions to the Seasons.
    Leslie has given is all a gift this week. Her songs are truly special. Here two songs at the end of this thread should not be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    I am deeply saddened to hear of this news with our dear friend Lesley.

Having been away from the Seasons a long time due to many things, I do not often get to check in on the theme each week.

Linda, I am humbled by your grace in bringing this tribute here as the theme this week for Lesley. You have renewed my faith in good people still being around and continuing to make the world a better place, and to make a difference in the lives of those in need.

Lesley, I will be sending happy vibes and healing thoughts to help ease your pain, and when I have some free time will try to record some of your songs to honor you. I hope you do know how much you are appreciated and loved by all here on UU. I am so sorry for what you are facing, and wish I could make it all go away...
    Thank you Booli, This week was truly something special because Lesley is something special. I hope that life lets you have a little more time to do the things you love. There a lots of great people here and you among them.

xx

Somehow it seems the last few songs of a season go unnoticed so while you wait for a wrap video to show up, take a listen to these two videos.

This is Ralf playing a Lesley original. It is terrific!

and this one! Lesley can still give us some Formby style of play. This is remarkable!

Thread Information