Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTU 334 Songs For Lesley (barefootgypsy)

Here's another George Formby cover. I added a little organ because I have a ... nope, not going there!

Randy - Harry122

Another on Linda’s ‘feel good’ list - I don’t think anyone’s brought this so far. Gets a little ragged towards the end - won’t tell you how many takes I needed but I was beginning to tire badly at this point! Only a 3-chord song but the tempo kept getting the better of me. It’s ‘Walking On Sunshine’ - originally by Katrina and the Waves, and another from the soundtrack of my youth.

Edit: I’m sure YouTube must employ a special person to select the worst possible facial expression for the video title!
    Last edited by DelGriff; 07-12-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry122 View Post
    I added a little organ because I have a ... nope, not going there!
    Too late Randy - it’s already out there! Oh dear - that sounds a bit wrong too!

Btw - I recognise the pub behind you - as I’m sure most of the Brits here will!

confluence of the Mohawk and Hudson Rivers, New York

Default Butterfly Nets for Leslie

I wanted to get in this week and wanted to learn "Troubadour"! ... but may have to settle for this quick take of one I sort of already knew, but never recorded.

Mainland Red Cedar Concert, Mango Tenor
    Boulder Creek RipTides: UB-2N spruce-top baritone, UT-5NS tenor, UT-11NS acacia-top tenor, UC-5NS concert

t rex songs always make me happy, and this one has a great little lyric in it that makes me think of lesley - "gypsy dancer" - so i'm hoping it might make her happy too!

"the seal of seasons"

lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

Here's an emotionally powerful circle of life type song Jack Greene did. It's sad, but its also quite uplifting I think. I used to love when Jack Greene did this one on the Grand Ole Opry, it would make people cry often. This is a difficult song to play and to sing, for me at least, but I did my best.

Another beautiful Lesley Fowkes original.

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

I don't know Lesley, but from what I've seen, she exudes happiness. Here's to much more of that in the future.

I don't have very many happy songs in my homemade fake book, but here's one that I printed the chord sheet for because I thought I might use it sometime.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Thread Information