SOTU 334 Songs For Lesley (barefootgypsy)

You've nearly got it Lesley. Just click on the film strip above the post page and paste the url of your song there.
You are such a talented song writer!

They say that hang gliding is very like soaring like an eagle.
You can do tandem flights. Just saying....

Last edited:
We love you Lesley! And you write wonderful songs. I'm adding my version of Troubador to our setlist. Hope you're having a great day.

Linda thanks for giving us this week to send our songs and well wishes to Lesley. I have very fond memories of a visit I made to see Lesley and Martin in Birmingham. We attended a couple of UK festivals and had such fun together. We recorded this song in her studio one evening.

My cheery song to add to my contribution... This song does get me in the right frame of mind... I hope I can get the video in the box ok this time! I know how to do it but I seem to have gremlins

Last edited:
My cheery song to add to my contribution... This song does get me in the right frame of mind... I hope I can get the video in the box ok this time! I know how to do it but I seem to have gremlins

This deserves a repost! Lesley can still play like a dream. Im so happy for her!

Season 334. Submission 3. "Summertime" (Lyrics by DuBose Hayward, Music by George Gershwin, 1935. Written for the opera entitled "Porgy and Bess."

Linda, you've hosted a brilliant week of music and love for Lesley. Thank you so so so so much.

Dear Lesley, I just had to sing for you one more time. A Gershwin song. Huge hugs and so very much love, dear poet sister, Linda xxx

Sorry, Lesley! It doesn't look like I'm going to get a song done for this week. I got fixated on writing a particular original song for this week, and couldn't find the time to finish it.

Good Morning everyone. Today is the last day. We have until midnight Hawaii time.

So far there are 136 songs on the playlist. Wouldnt it be wonderful to reach a goal of 150 for the donation. Anyone that has just one more song in them please, dont hold back!

This has been the most rewarding week!

Keep on it gang :)
here's another homemade-y song from me

looking for something else i could cook up quick...

how about some romany soup?

if lesley liked the other t rex song i bought this week, she'll love this!

of course, if she DIDN'T like the other one........................... er........................................ :uhoh:

oh what's not to like, it's marc, and it's mad as a box of frogs :rock:

I am deeply saddened to hear of this news with our dear friend Lesley.

Having been away from the Seasons a long time due to many things, I do not often get to check in on the theme each week.

Linda, I am humbled by your grace in bringing this tribute here as the theme this week for Lesley. You have renewed my faith in good people still being around and continuing to make the world a better place, and to make a difference in the lives of those in need.

Lesley, I will be sending happy vibes and healing thoughts to help ease your pain, and when I have some free time will try to record some of your songs to honor you. I hope you do know how much you are appreciated and loved by all here on UU. I am so sorry for what you are facing, and wish I could make it all go away...

Thank you again Linda, for being such a giving and gracious host.

And thank you Lesley for allowing us to celebrate you and your contributions to the Seasons.

148 songs on the playlist! I am so thrilled about that!

The season is officially closed.

I appreciate all who participated in, as Lesley said "the best season ever!" I have to agree :)

Wrap video to come soon.

Thank you very very much, Linda! I think we'll all remember this Season as being very very special! :)

Linda, I am amazed by your good heart and your enthusiasm. Leslie, my thoughts are with you, whatever that means! Both of you are beautiful people, and I am grateful for friends like you and all the amazing Seasonistas here. Great Season.

Greetings,

Kind words / deeds often go unnoticed in a world hungry for negativity. Seasons is an oasis, and I am grateful to have participated. Thank you Linda for providing us this opportunity. Off to watch the vids now ��

Ciao

I must have something in my eye ... Thank you for sharing your lovely playing, singing, and smile!!

:D

I could not participate this week except for my song, Leslie’s song, with Dennis Danner. Such a lovely song. Even though I didn’t get something up this week, when my Ukulele arrives during my vacation in California (I ordered one so I wouldn’t have to bring it on the plane). I will finish writing the song I wrote for Leslie partially when I was with Dennis Danner and his LSW, Evelyn, and I will post it here :) Warm wishes to everyone and especially to Leslie.

Hey, BTW... Any Seasonista’s out here in the Benicia area or San Jose area I might be able to get together with?

Top Bottom