SOTU 334 Songs For Lesley (barefootgypsy)

If you'll allow me, I'm going to interrupt this Troubadour string for a minute. I had a browse through Lesley's fun and informative blog and picked something from her trying to learn list that I also had on my list. It's a different George from George Formby Lesley, but I hope that you enjoy it all the same.

Jon recommended this song. I liked it so much I immediately learned and recorded it. Raw but full of feeling. . .
Hope you're enjoying all the love this week Leslie, and thanks again to Linda L. for hosting such a fine theme ~

Good morning! (It's disgustingly early here...) I have read eery post, every encouraging remark, and you, my lovely Seasonista friends, are giving me a gift of love and music that will be with me til the end of my days! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I was able to spend some time yesterday watching the videos, I'm working through the playlist from the beginning of the week.... I'm watching every one through to the end, and it will take me some time to get through them all but I will! I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying it! Your choices are wonderful, without exception and I'm thrilled to bits when anyone sings my own songs! And many of your posts have moved me to tears. The empaths suffer.... I'm one myself and so I know.

Back to sleep for an hour now with luck.... 😁
Thank you once more Linda for this... 💟

Here's a classic song I've never played or sang before, but Lesley did it, so now I did too. Took the sopranino challenge on it.

This. As expected, is a beautiful thing. Thank you folks for doing it. Reading and or catching up on the thread made me realize exactly why I have tuned in for six plus years. You people ain’t half bad.

Linda, brilliant idea, perfect season theme.

Best wishes Lesley, thanks for being the Season Muse - I'm especially loving your original songs

Sparky

Good morning! (It's disgustingly early here...) I have read eery post, every encouraging remark, and you, my lovely Seasonista friends, are giving me a gift of love and music that will be with me til the end of my days! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I was able to spend some time yesterday watching the videos, I'm working through the playlist from the beginning of the week.... I'm watching everyone through to the end, and it will take me some time to get through them all but I will! I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying it! Your choices are wonderful, without exception and I'm thrilled to bits when anyone sings my own songs! And many of your posts have moved me to tears. The empaths suffer.... I'm one myself and so I know.

Back to sleep for an hour now with luck.... ��
Thank you once more Linda for this... ��

While it is very early there, it is very late here. I've been working on a song and I'm just now logging in to say goodnight. But before I do that I want to thank you all for another terrific day. As Lesley has said all of the songs have moved me too. I have loved listening to her originals so much. I have also found it so much fun to hear the Goerge Formby songs that have come in. Troubadour has become a big one for today and I hope others will continue to bring it along. It's such a lovely song.

As Ylle stated in her post, Lesley loves Gershwin. Anyone that is still stuck for ideas might want to take a look at his songs :)

A big virtual hug goes out to all of you who are making this season happen for Lesley happen!

xx

Hear the Message; the best that I could give you.

According to SCIENCE (or at least according to our brilliant host Linda) this is a top finisher among all feel-good songs. Let's test that theory.

Greetings,

I thought about how vacation makes a person happy, so I took a jaunt with this one. La Isla Bonita - what a beautiful place to be for sure.

Ciao

My thanks to Linda (Turtledrum) for pointing out that Lesley did this song in Season 244, so here's my go at it. I suspect that when Brian Wilson wrote it, he didn't have uke players in mind.

In a commentary to Can't help faling in Love Lesley wrote, that Elvis was her first musical hero, and later, the Beatles took this place.
So it seemed only natural for me to cover a Beatles song. And what feels better than a good day when the sun is shining?
By the way, in the seventies, this song was used for a honey-commercial by the German brand Lagnese. Any German Seasonistas around who remember?

Top Bottom