SOTU 334 Songs For Lesley (barefootgypsy)

Here's another George Formby cover. I added a little organ because I have a ... nope, not going there!

Another on Linda’s ‘feel good’ list - I don’t think anyone’s brought this so far. Gets a little ragged towards the end - won’t tell you how many takes I needed but I was beginning to tire badly at this point! Only a 3-chord song but the tempo kept getting the better of me. It’s ‘Walking On Sunshine’ - originally by Katrina and the Waves, and another from the soundtrack of my youth.

Edit: I’m sure YouTube must employ a special person to select the worst possible facial expression for the video title! :D

Last edited:
I added a little organ because I have a ... nope, not going there!
Too late Randy - it’s already out there! Oh dear - that sounds a bit wrong too!:eek:

Btw - I recognise the pub behind you - as I’m sure most of the Brits here will! :)

Butterfly Nets for Leslie

I wanted to get in this week and wanted to learn "Troubadour"! ... but may have to settle for this quick take of one I sort of already knew, but never recorded.

t rex songs always make me happy, and this one has a great little lyric in it that makes me think of lesley - "gypsy dancer" - so i'm hoping it might make her happy too!

"the seal of seasons"

Here's an emotionally powerful circle of life type song Jack Greene did. It's sad, but its also quite uplifting I think. I used to love when Jack Greene did this one on the Grand Ole Opry, it would make people cry often. This is a difficult song to play and to sing, for me at least, but I did my best.

I don't have very many happy songs in my homemade fake book, but here's one that I printed the chord sheet for because I thought I might use it sometime.

Fun collaboration with Linda L. on one of Lesley's original songs, Thanks for hosting Linda and for the sweet harmonies ~

Not sure this is a happy song...it makes me happy to play it though. Kinda my go to when a smile is necessary

You folks are filling my bucket! Today, just another day of heart filling music :)

Love Love Love
Love Love Love
All she needs is Love, Love
Love is all she needs
..... Love is all she needs...... Love is all she needs....... Love is all she needs

I cant wait for tomorrow :)

Last edited:
I hope this brings a smile!

in this comic strip, Humpty Dumpty ( that little yellow thing with a crutch) is trying to dissuade Rickety Cat from trying to sit on the wall....
Rickety Cat takes no advice from Humpty Dumpty and fails in her many attempts.
But she gets a little love and help from her friends.....
Just a little something lighthearted....
I play the concert uke, kalimba and shaker. The comics were made a few years ago...

Is there room for one more Troubadour? I found this deceptively tricky to sing. Several keys later, I ended up playing it in C, but with the uke tuned down a semitone, so B really.

Gypsy

I've been pretty busy lately and have not contributed to the Seasons much this year. But this is for Lesley, so time must be made.

Just a single take on an old Van Morrison song, but the title fits. You know you have all my best thoughts and wishes, dear Lesley. Your generosity of spirit and kindness are models for all of us.

Top Bottom