Song Help Request Help with creating a song medley

kitsunegarcia

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has created a song medley before? Basically stitch 2 or more songs together to make one song. I am trying to do this with 2 songs an original and a cover. Both are in Am. One song (the original) is a 1-4-5 progression with a slower strum pattern than the other (cover) song. How do I stitch this together without it sounding weird? I tried adding an instrumental section between the 2 to buffer; the chords sound alright ....but how do I change over the strums? My bandmate wants to try to go from the faster strummed song to the slower one, which I think sounds horrible and is even harder to transition because it seems more natural to speed up slightly. Anyone done this before?

Hmmm... Trying to figure out how to put an audio file on here. :( What do people use here? I see an "insert video" but not not audio.

OK I managed to put up 2 clips. Sorry these are really short and not terribly clean audio files with no vocals. Try to ignore the second ukulele. It's the rhythm ukulele that is the issue and the person who plays it is NOT me so I don't have input on what strum pattern that is. Also the person who made these song doesn't use those DdUu notations so I can't even ask what he is doing.

https://www.soundboard.com/sb/kg

So I want the "smoke" one to follow the "EH" one. Both songs in the same key but different strum pattern and speed. What is the best way to proceed?

Thanks so much for looking at this Camsuke!!!

Top Bottom