Portlanders - two Kamaka's concerts FS at Portland Music

etudes

Reaction score
Portlanders - two Kamaka concerts at Portland Music

More evidence that the availability of ukes is getting better in Portland. Portland Music on Broadway has two Kamaka concerts. They look almost identical but one is a 2005 model for $799, the other is new at $1,199. I preferred the old one which had a richer sweeter tone. Both were set up nicely. The 2005 model appeared as new. I suppose it's the age of the wood that makes the difference in tone..

Last edited:
I bought my Kamaka Tenor Lefty a few weeks ago. What a fantastic ukulele! Great customer service there too!!

I bought my Kamaka Tenor Lefty a few weeks ago. What a fantastic ukulele! Great customer service there too!!

Very cool! I'm glad you mentioned the customer service there. I agree they do a great job.

Hmmmm..... I will have to go visit Portland Music this coming weekend. I have always like the looks and sound of Kamaka ukuleles but haven’t been able to play one myself. I would love to be able to try a Kamaka Long Neck Soprano, but cant wait to try out both of those Concerts if they are still there come the weekend.

Thanks so much for the heads up etudes,

Steve.

For you Portland guys, I'm at the other end for the state in Ashland and am selling a bunch of ukes for the estate of a friend who passed away. Have sold several to guys on this site but there still about a dozen left including a brand new Kamaka HB2D Concert Uke. If you're interested, send me a message and I can send you details on this and some of the others in the collection. Also many guitars and mandolins.
Love Portland Music BTW. Stop there when ever I'm in town.
ED

Hmmmm..... I will have to go visit Portland Music this coming weekend. I have always like the looks and sound of Kamaka ukuleles but haven’t been able to play one myself. I would love to be able to try a Kamaka Long Neck Soprano, but cant wait to try out both of those Concerts if they are still there come the weekend.

Thanks so much for the heads up etudes,

Steve.

Good luck- I think you'll enjoy playing them.

Top Bottom