Jigs, tools, and tips from around the web

RPA_Ukuleles

Reaction score
Some screen shots of clever tools, jigs, and tricks I've found. No exlainations, just images to spark your imagination.
Feel free to add ones that you'd like to share here in the lounge.

Last edited:
Some new stuff there Rodney that I'd not seen before.
Another tip I read recently is...If you have been using a bandsaw blade to cut curves Don;t use it for cutting straight lines because it wont like it. use another blade. :)

These are all fun to look at. And good to remember there's always more than one way to skin a cat. (no cats were harmed during this posting)

Good tip on the band saw blade Ken. Lets keep the tips and insights coming!

Super good tip:

Okay, this is cool- fold, insert, and pull to tear sandpaper into smaller pieces!

Last edited:
Except that speed squares are notoriously not square. Unless you shell out for a very expensive one.

Yes, but even if you have the perfect square, band saws tend to wander to the right (or left depending on your perspective). The dreaded "coriolis effect" rears its ugly head yet again. True fences for band saws must take into account the wander effect and compensate for it depending on the saw and blade which has to be determined. The whole thing makes my head hurt so I just cut by eye.

Great stuff fur sure. It is almost too much to process. Very good ideas... However, one thing I don't think is a good idea is this one. Dangerous and not good on the blade. Do not do this one at home...

Screen_Shot_2018_07_12_at_3_25_03_PM.jpg

Great stuff fur sure. It is almost too much to process. Very good ideas... However, one thing I don't think is a good idea is this one. Dangerous and not good on the blade. Do not do this one at home...

This is actually how to sharpen a saw blade using a diamond wheel. A sled with runners that fit your table saw slots, and a pin to rotate the blade you are sharpening. I guess some of these pics are not obvious.

Top Bottom