Thread: Hello from the Idaho panhandle!

Default Hello from the Idaho panhandle!

I'm a lifelong guitar player who 6 months ago took up the ukulele as an instrument of happiness and am busy un-learning my guitar habits. Loving every minute of letting this wonderful instrument find its way through me.

Looking forward to hanging out here.

Welcome to UU Ukulaid
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Welcome to UU. You are absolutely correct, ukulele is the instrument f happiness.
    Tenor: Kinnard, Mya Moe 2052, Mya Moe Resonator 1581
    Concert: Hoffmann ML, Oceana Slothead Cutaway, LoPrinzi Nova MS-C, Kanile'a KPA C, Kiwaya KMC-K, Pono RC-C-PC, KoAloha Mango, Bruce Wei Hummingbird, Waterman KA CWB
    Soprano: Lanikai LU-21(Starter uke!), Kamaka Pineapple 100th Anniversary, Maui Music SK-41 "Pre-Fire", Romero Creations XS, Ohana SK 50G, Zimnicki #20, Makayla Dolphin, Fred Shields Oval, KoAloha KSM-02 (Long Neck), Barron River
    Mini: iUke Piccolo, Fred Shields Pocket

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulaid View Post
    I'm a lifelong guitar player who 6 months ago took up the ukulele as an instrument of happiness and am busy un-learning my guitar habits. Loving every minute of letting this wonderful instrument find its way through me.

Looking forward to hanging out here.
    Welcome to UU.

The Uke is an instrument of merriment and very percussive, but it’s also amazing what a skilled finger picker can get out of its four short strings. Looking at the maps I see that yours is a remote location and a sparsely populated area, it might be hard for you to find a local Uke group but if you can possibly play with some other Uke enthusiasts then you will enjoy it so much more and learn more quickly. If you can’t find any groups then ask for help finding them on here, someone will be able to give you some helpful suggestions or information. Coming from a guitar background will, I believe, be a big help to you.

Good luck and enjoy.
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 07-11-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Welcome to the forums!!

Thread Information