This Ukulele (John Denver)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
Did an ukulele version of John Denver's "This Old Guitar." Hope you like my rendition:

I honestly have no idea why the Kamaka ukulele was in our house. I probably wouldn't have learned how to play the ukulele without it, since we had no money to buy one.

Another important point in my learning how to play the uke was my first part-time job, working as an office assistant in the high school printing office. The ukulele teacher would have song sheets printed in the office, and I would print one extra copy for myself. I was able to build up a nice collection of song sheets. This was important because this was way before you could find music on the Internet, and I had no money to buy songbooks.

That was great! The way you showed that this one little instrument can profoundly affect the quality and even the direction of your life. Enjoyed all the video sequences!

Thanks, Laurence! I really appreciate it. The ukulele has been a source of joy and stress-relief. I recall many evenings, just playing and singing for myself, no YouTube, no one else around, just singing songs I loved. Now, along with YouTube, the ukulele has given me a creative outlet and a way to meet other ukulele enthusiasts. Without it, who knows how things would be different with me.

Really touched my heart! Thank you so much for posting.

This one brought a tear to my eyes. Thanks.

Thanks John...I really enjoyed that one!

"This Old Guitar" was one of the very first songs I learned to fingerpick on the guitar.

Listening to your rendition brought back memories of those early days.

No apologies required.:)

Thanks, Campbell! Thanks, keod! Thanks, Nickie! I appreciate your nice comments. :)

Thanks, warndt! One of my best friends taught himself how to play the guitar by learning John Denver songs, so I think his songs are good for learning how to play! :)

Thanks, Brenda! I really appreciate it! :)

Thanks, Lapyang! I really appreciate it! :)

Aloha John,
Brought back memories of a roommate that played it on the guitar. I like your version moore bettah! Really enjoyed the video of sharing portions of your life with us also.
Take care.
Mahalo and aloha.

Mahalo, luv2uke! Hope you are enjoying the summer season! One more week of school then I can get back to what I enjoy the most -- ukulele playing! :)

Top Bottom