Southcoast String suspending sales indefinitely...

I'll need advice for choosing suitable substitutes for the wonderful nonwound low tension low G strings for my tenor. I learned so much about strings from South Coast, and the customer service was the best. I wish them the best.
Joe

Try Living Water's they are great strings with an unwound low G string.

I saw this as well and am so sad for Dirk and his family that they have to endure these terrible times. less importantly, of course, I’m also sad to lose his strings. They are all I have been using since 2014 on multiple ukes and his kindness, helpfulness and superior quality is hard to lose! I wish him only the best!

Hoping for good health for Dirk & family. Best wishes, & thanks for your contributions to our ukulele world.

That indeed came as a shock.

Dirk has incredible knowledge of strings and ukes, and had the best customer service I've ever experienced.

Praying for a speedy recovery.

Just heard about this today from a member of my busking group. What a shock and what a loss this will be to those very passionate players who searched for the best strings for their instruments. Dirks website is a treasure trove of information that I never saw anywhere else. I pray his health issues resolve themselves successfully.

Dirk Wormhoudt has been one of the kindest, most supportive people I have dealt with in the ukulele world. My fingers are crossed for his recovery. Southcoast strings are by far my favourites, especially the EFS set up for the guitalele/guilele/kiku; a brilliant invention that has made that little guitar one of my instruments for improv and recordings. I will be forever grateful. Now, get well, Dirk!

love you Dirk.
you have been and continue to be an incredible support and friend to me
over these years, and a goldmine of information and help to members here -
and also turned me onto music and performers that have etched themselves into my soul;
never would have discovered them otherwise.
wishing you better, stronger times ahead brother.

Got word from Sheldra Wormhoudt today that Dirk passed away on July 24th. As has been said by others, Dirk was very knowledgable and generous with his knowledge. He was an enthusiastic supporter of this community. He will be deeply missed.

Damn...very sorry to hear that. My condolences to his family and friends. :(

Got word from Sheldra Wormhoudt today that Dirk passed away on July 24th. As has been said by others, Dirk was very knowledgable and generous with his knowledge. He was an enthusiastic supporter of this community. He will be deeply missed.

I’m very sorry to read that. I dealt with him a couple times and found Dirk to be considerate and to have a great product.

Oh! I have only just seen this update! I am so sorry to hear this! Such very sad news!

Please would you pass on my condolences if you have the opportunity? I was about to email Dirk again to ask how he was, then I remembered this thread on UU so I thought I would check here first.

In case anyone have not already heard it, Dirk was interviewed for this Uke Chat Podcast some years ago.

It was real delight to stumble across it at the time. Lovely to discover what Dirk's voice sounded like, quite as much as to listen to what he had to say.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ukechat/2011/03/26/uke-chat

Best wishes,
Liz Panton

Has anyone come across any current strings available that approximate the Southcoast strings? Particularly, the HMU-NW, HU-NW, LMU-NW, and MU-NW?

Not familiar with specific sets but Oasis offers a replica of the baritone set.

Yea I bought a few sets and have restrung my Kamaka baritone with them. They are an excellent string, especially the two phosphorus bronze wound strings. They can be purchased from Oasis directly or Strings by Mail.

Yea I bought a few sets and have restrung my Kamaka baritone with them. They are an excellent string, especially the two phosphorus bronze wound strings. They can be purchased from Oasis directly or Strings by Mail.
I really like Oasis strings. The regular set works on soprano, concert, and tenor, and you’re set up for two ukulele with one pack. If you’re stringing up sopranos, and they have a slotted bridge, you can get three sets from the pack. Either way, they’re a bargain.

Top Bottom