Hello from Houston Texas area

jimrex62

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm a little late joining this forum...
Biography
Lifelong creator of sounds - mostly pleasing to me, questionable to others. Never a master of any sound source except maybe clapping in front of my mouth to make some notes!
- coronet during 6th - 7th grade
- Sousaphone/Tube 8th - 11th
Instruments that I've owned:
- Ovation Applause six string steel acoustic guitar
- Alvarez Yairi CY116 Classical Guitar (sold for Christmas money)
- Fender P-Bass 1970's Natural Maple (lost to "Friend")
- various other basses
- Currently a red Shredneck Z-series travel bass

On the topic of musical instruments related to this forum, I've owned a Cordoba 30T- Solid Mahogany Tenor for about two years now. Since I no longer work from home as I did when I purchased it, it seems that I'm not playing as much unless I take it trailer camping. I took it to Germany for a business trip, but still didn't play much. Hopefully participating in a forum will inspire me to play more.

Contemplating adding a chambered solid tenor to my life - possibly a Pono TE Tenor or Godin Multiuke

Interests are related to eventual retirement activities such as reading, travel trailer camping, whittling, photography, making musical sounds

Occupation - I consider myself to be an enabler of binary value movement and conversion to meaningful information

Welcome to the forums!! I'm a big fan of the sousaphone!

Thanks! I actually forgot to list that I did own a 1939 CF Martin bell front tuba for a few years. I had tax issues after getting married and donated it to the church. Still miss it...

Howdy from Clear Lake / Friendswood area!

I'm less than a year into ukulele ownership myself. Also play violin at church and fiddle at bluegrass.

Hiya!
Welcome to UU.
I usta live in Houston, on the west side.

Thanks Brenda! That Applause had great sound... just needed more string space and wanted to switch to the classical sound.

Last edited:
Thanks Nickie - Houston is just soo big... the open space between West Houston and Katy has vanished!

I have a King 2 b trombone. I can find the horn but the lip is still missing. Have custody of my great nephew from the Houston area. The park with the big water fall is awesome. He lived in Cypress.

Top Bottom