SERIOUS Eye Candy

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Luis from LfdM just sent me these pictures of the 4 tenors he completed and has just shipped off to HMS. The pictures were just intented for me as I had helped him out with some strings but I know he won't mind me sharing.

Left to right

*Engleman spruce / Cocobolo, 6 string w Gotoh stealth tuners
*Sinker Redwood/Quilted Maple
*Sinker Cedar/Curly Myrtle w an adjustable action which can be raised or lower by just the turn of a screw. You can set it the way you like it
*Bearclaw Sitka Spruce /Zircote

IMG_4314.jpgIMG_4313.jpgIMG_4312.jpgIMG_4315.jpg

Last edited:
That cedar/myrtle though! :drool:

Wow! Just wow!

Those are beauts. Still dreaming of a myrtle uke.

Dave, you have my address, just ask Luis to ship the bearclaw sitka spruce direct to me:drool:

There is no cure for UAS. Drooling over these photos proves it. :)

I agree the myrtle cedar stands out. Wow, just wow. It will be interesting to see how long they last on the site. Truth be told I'm not familiar with the LFDM's and would like to learn about them.

Indeed, those instruments made by Luis are SERIOUS Eye Candy! Thanks for sharing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Is it just me or does that one have a longer scale than the others? Sure that's a tenor? :confused:

Well Jim you are very observant. If you remember I have a Build in Progress thread about my 19" super tenor. Luis decided to build one before mine and this is it, has an adjustable action as well, mine won't. This is the same wood combo as mine, sinker cedar and myrtle.

I agree the myrtle cedar stands out. Wow, just wow. It will be interesting to see how long they last on the site. Truth be told I'm not familiar with the LFDM's and would like to learn about them.

The very short version is Luis was born in Spain took an interest in the guitar as a young boy. There was a guitar builder in town and he let Luis learn in his shop. He came to Toronto in his 20s to attend University and became an engineer. That was his profession but continued to build guitars as his passion. Fast forward to today he turns 70 this year, been retired 15 years so he has built many Classical, Flamingo and steel acoustic guitars. He built his first uke maybe 7-8 years ago and has been kept busy with orders ever since. He builds his ukes like classical guitars, uses lattice bracing, tops are thin, light and sound like a drum. Andrew and Corey have said LfdM is right up there with the very best in the world, they know a thing or two about tone.

Many very good players have played my spruce rosewood tenor and said it was the best sounding instrument they every played.

Last edited:
Top Bottom