Season 335 - Eight Days A Week

Sunday song. One from Vic Chesnutt. I love his music.
If you have not heard of him please go and check out his stuff.
He was an incredible song writer and performer.

Thanks so much for hosting, Linda.

SOTU 335: Eight Days A Week - Almost Saturday Night

Should I have done this one for Friday? It is afterall, Saturday night! :confused:

I hope you enjoy my take on John Fogerty's 1975 song, "It's Almost Saturday Night."

a final submission from me.
didn't think I could leave this season for hosting without
this final song to complete a week of originals written for each day.
this one featuring Kev with some super cool bass and tasty steel string.
thank you so much for this week, Linda, haven't enjoyed a season
this much in a long time. found myself on a creative roll and grateful for it.
thanks for the inspiration and your amazingly generous spirit in the way you
have hosted us all the days.

an original song for Sunday.

Hello again, Linda! This is for Sunday and the no-holds-barred Beatles extravaganza. I actually found this REALLY difficult to do (well, you OBVIOUSLY can't tell that); but I've always liked this song, so here it is anyway.

For my first Beatles cover this Sunday, I put a low G-string on my tenor uke.
Here, there and everywhere

I think it could be a busy Sunday!

Here’s my final offering for the week. I struggle a bit at the top end vocally - tried using the capo higher up the fretboard and singing an octave lower but it didn’t sound right (and I’m not a competent enough player to just transpose the key down a few tones and play unfamiliar chords). So I stuck with the original and just hope it’s okay. Here goes:

Here's one they gave away, to Peter & Gordon. Despite the Lennon&McCartney writing credits, it was written by Paul when he was sixteen. How maddening is that?

My last Beatles song was written by Paul McCartney, now let's move on to John Lennon:

This might have been able to be submitted on Stupid Bloody Tuesday, but there was no spare time for me during the week to even look at what the rest of you were up to, let alone record anything. So, here I am on the eighth day of the week.

Cheers for hosting this one Linda. This is all I could muster up in time without the Internet so Its a token offering from memory but at least It's 'something' or rather part of...........

Last edited:
On my last Beatles song for today's Season, I strummed the chords on my Kala tenor guitar.
Just think of it as bariton uke with steelstrings tuned CGDA.

I hope some of you will enjoy taking this tune out for a spin. I think it is SO FUN to play, so I shot a video to show you what I mean...

Really loving all these fantastic Beatles songs. It’s a known fact that you can’t never get enough Beatles :D. Would love to join in but unfortunately the heart by pass fairies came to visit me this week so I’m sat in my hospital bed listening to all this great music the Seasonistas bring come rain or shine. I’m fine by the way. Hopefully home later this week.

Really loving all these fantastic Beatles songs. It’s a known fact that you can’t never get enough Beatles :D. Would love to join in but unfortunately the heart by pass fairies came to visit me this week so I’m sat in my hospital bed listening to all this great music the Seasonistas bring come rain or shine. I’m fine by the way. Hopefully home later this week.

Dear dear John, all good wishes to you and those fairies who are tending to that big, beautiful heart of yours. Please do take care and just sit back and enjoy the music for now, ok? I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, John. Big hug.

Top Bottom