Season 335 - Eight Days A Week

For my Monday song I tried this catchy Lorrie Morgan tune. There's pickin' a plenty in this one.

After 8pm on Monday here in Oz but it has just become Monday in Hawaii which is the time I'm going to adhere to this week.
Here is my Monday song -

paoriginal

Good morning, Seasonistas, from a hot and humid Long Island where storms are expected to move in this afternoon and linger through tomorrow evening.

We'll have a slight overlap each day with songs from the previous and the new days, because of the various time zones we encompass. So this morning, I have awoken to both the final Sunday songs and the first of our Monday songs. And what fine listening they have been!

I suppose it's because of our weather here and the start of the new work week, that I'm seeing today as a "Stormy Monday." This song actually can be brought any day of the week. It's the first song I sang on the Seasons, back in the Southern Rock Season 190 that Debbie hosted. For anyone, who wants to give the blues some air time this week, what a fine song it is. Here's the link to the great T-Bone Walker performance of it and some of the illustrious history of the song:

https://jbonamassa.com/call-stormy-monday/

Wishing you all a wonderful Monday! Linda :)

It is too late in Denmark to record anything now, but I hope someone will manage to do some Faith No More before the day is done.
I couldn't find the time myself.

Well, we missed this one this Season, Viking, but thank you for the suggestion and I hope someone will bring it to another Season soon!

This mentions Monday in the first line. I could have done with playing the bari a bit quieter because the vocal is a bit lost. If I had more time I would have but this second take will have to do :D. I won’t be able to contribute anything else this week, or for a week or so come to that. Am gutted I will miss out on the Eightth day too,being a Beatles nut and all but can’t be helped :(. Fantastic theme Linda :cool:

Well, great minds think alike, or so they say...

(featuring Alfie the dog greeting the postman in the third verse)

Maybe a Few Ideas For Some Originals?

Believe me, it's not that I think anyone here lacks for his/her own ideas! Yet, I thought I'd offer a few ideas for those who might want them.

Historical Events

Some will never forget the day of the week of an important event. For example, I will never forget that President Kennedy was assassinated on a Friday and that the World Trade Towers were attacked on a Tuesday. Writing a story-song about an event might work.

Personal Events

Some will never forget the day of the week upon which a loved one (child, sister, brother) was born, or the day of the week upon which a loved one passed. Events such as weddings, graduations, changes in living quarters, separations, and starting or leaving jobs might serve as inspiration for songs.

Musical Connections

Perhaps there is a musical connection a person has to a day of the week. I mentioned yesterday that Sundays meant watching the Ed Sullivan Show. My beloved guitar lessons were on Wednesdays. Tuesdays in the States were new album release days. Perhaps there is a day of the week when the ukulele time is greater than on other days.

Just mention the day of the week in the song or its title.

I've been in awe of the terrific originals I've heard on the Seasons. I humbly offer these suggestions to anyone who can use them and hope no one will take offense. Linda

An unplanned entry - was just having a strum before bed time when I realised that this song happens to have Monday in it, and couldn't pass up the opportunity to record it for the season since it's by one of my favourite bands, America

Cover of Sister Golden Hair - America

Sparky

Last edited:
Well it just became Tuesday here in the Netherlands, this is my take on a song called On a Tuesday in Amsterdam Long Ago by Counting Crows.

Here’s my Monday song - an absolute classic from the Boomtown Rats, with one of the best song intros of all time (their version, not mine!) - so good it’s been my mobile (cell) phone ringtone of choice for as long as I can remember (just a shame nobody ever rings me!:D ). Cutting it a bit fine timewise - it’s very nearly Tuesday here in the UK - but what can I say - I live life on the edge! :D

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful Monday of music. Top notch performances, one and all, and fantastic surprises in the song selection. I've loved listening to each and every one of your songs.

Please, no worries about time zones and whether a song would still be permissible. If you've worked on the song, bring it, even if it's still the previous or next day somewhere else. (Got that? ;) )

Saying goodnight now on a hot and humid Monday night. Thank you again! Linda :)

an original song for Monday featuring some kick ass accompaniment from Kev.
this one is also on our new channel.
call in for a cuppa any time you like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom