Season 335 - Eight Days A Week

Great theme! It's been a while since I last posted so I thought I would make a video early today to beat the heat here in the Portland area. This is Sunday Morning by Velvet Underground on my new Leolani thin body tenor uke. Also, the buzz in the background is our new water fall/fish pond at our new house. This would explain a bit of why I have been out of the seasons for a while, because moving just a mile and a half takes forever.

Many of the first songs I think about with a week day in the title have many or all days of the week in the lyrics.
Makes for many songs that can be played on several days, all though it would probably be more suitable to do it on the title day.

Viking, use the song for one of the days mentioned in the lyrics; it need not be the day also mentioned in the title. It's up to you as to which day you choose, ok? Thanks for bringing up this situation. Linda

A very clever idea for the week, Linda ... even though, at the moment, I can't think of anything but the most obvious day-themed `songs, which everyone else will do far better than I could. I am a bit confused as in re: the Beatles Day. Does this mean we can do ANY songs by the Beatles or do the songs have to be related to weekdays?

Val, on the second Sunday (the 22nd) you can sing any Beatles song. It need not mention any days of the week. :)

How about a song that mentions seven days, but not specifically a day?

The theme called for the name of a specific day, Greenie, but I don't want that to prevent you from bringing the song you really want. So, if you'd like most to bring "the seven days" song, please do bring it and I'll put it on the playlist. Linda :)

I interpreted it to be any Beatles song, but of course up to the theme setter :) Just wanted to mention a useful list I found:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/songs-with-day-of-the-week-in-title-or-lyrics.197160/

About half way down, a member by the name of Stumpy put together quite an impressive list

Although it doesn't include songs which have all the days in them such as:

Waiting for love - Avicii
Seven Days - Sting
Lady Madonna - The Beatles
Probably lots of others, think there's a Queen one too..

Sparky

Thanks so much for sharing this, Sparky! :)

It is too late in Denmark to record anything now, but I hope someone will manage to do some Faith No More before the day is done.
I couldn't find the time myself.

So just in case I don’t get to post any more this week (unlikely!), I’ve covered every day with this one. Although it’s Friday in the title, Sunday is mentioned in the lyrics which makes it legitimate to put up today. I’m beginning to make a habit of posting songs that TCK has done for recent seasons, but considering just how prolific he’s been of late I’m not sure there are many songs left that he hasn’t recently contributed! Hopefully he’ll enjoy this one - originally by The Cure, a band he has a special affection for!

Well, Day 1 of Season 335 is nearing its final hours. Thank you to all who have shared their thoughts on the thread and to those who have given us such great Sunday songs. I've already heard a number of songs I'd never heard before - beautiful songs that I want to hear again and again.

Well, if this were a Sunday evening 50 years ago, I'd have been anxiously waiting for the Ed Sullivan television show to come on. That was where many kids got their first glimpse of LIVE music! Whether the performers were singers, dancers, classical musicians, or rock groups - Ed presented us with the music we dreamed of. Many of us first glimpsed the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show, but that wasn't the only group we saw on a Sunday night. This Wikipedia entry will give you a good idea about how fantastic his guests truly were. And on Sundays nights that's where many American families would be - gathered around the new tv set to see the Ed Sullivan Show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ed_Sullivan_Show

Wishing everyone a fine evening with more Sunday songs to share! I look forward to tomorrow's Monday songs! Linda :)

thank you for hosting the week Linda.
a song I learnt from Cliff Edwards.
one of my favourite tin pan alley tunes. :)

ah the trials and tribulations

was set to make a "Sunday" recording, and was doing a little home maintenance when I slit my left index finger open at the tip. It's on the mend, but makes it unlikely for me to participate any time soon. May be sitting this one out.

On top of having pneumonia last week (while on holiday in Hawaii - it figgers!), I've been having a bit of the bad luck of late.

cheers all

ah the trials and tribulations

was set to make a "Sunday" recording, and was doing a little home maintenance when I slit my left index finger open at the tip. It's on the mend, but makes it unlikely for me to participate any time soon. May be sitting this one out.

On top of having pneumonia last week (while on holiday in Hawaii - it figgers!), I've been having a bit of the bad luck of late.

cheers all

So sorry to hear you're having some bad luck, Brian. let the lungs and the finger heal and we will see you when you're better.

Ooo... Am I the first Monday? Well, being well in the Eastern Hemisphere, just to the left of Australia, means we're living in the future!

This song has more meaning for me than a standard Seasons entry would have. I've been dating a Burmese lady for the last couple months. It's slowly been becoming more serious. The "L-word" has been uttered. She speaks English very well. She's into lots of eclectic subjects providing us lots of opportunities for conversation, She's a bit over half my age.

Yesterday, she texted me saying that she needed to tell me something. On the phone, she told me she had gotten back together with her ex. They still loved each other. Sorry.

Oh man... Monday morning wasn't what I wanted it to be.

Steve already did a terrific version of this one, and he even got it posted in the morning. But I only had this one Sunday idea, so...

Top Bottom