Lundi-Monday
Mardi-Tuesday
Mercredi-Wednesday
Jeudi-Thursday
Vendredi-Friday
Samedi-Saturday
Dimanche-Sunday

So here is Vendredi Soir originally sung by Axelle Red

So sorry to hear your news Linda - that's way, way too young.

Here's my song for today - "...lawdy mama, those Friday nights..."

Thank you so much for your kind wishes, Geoff, regarding Zach.

And Happy Anniversary to both you and Mrs. Tootler! I hope that you both enjoy celebrating this one!

happy anniversary geoff !

Thanks to both of you for your good wishes.

Here's one from me. It mentions all the days of the week. It originated as a Scottish Ballad called "Our Goodman" but didn't mention any days of the week but the events did take place on successive days. There are many variants in the British Isles and N. America. The Dubliners did a version called "Seven Nights Drunk" but in most versions of that the last verse, sometimes last two verses are a little too sexually explicit and many leave them out. I found and adapted a version that covered six nights and added a verse of my own for the seventh night. Accompanied with a Brüko Soprano Ukulele tuned ADF#B. The photos are of the Ryedale Folk Museum on the North York Moors.

I’m on a job search, and I have a goal to get 15 job applications out every Friday.

I just got to 50 subscribers on my YouTube channel, and I will make a donation to Girls Rock Camp Boston in the name of the 75th subscriber! This is a great day to subscribe!

Here is my Friday song. Sadly, it was inspired by the horrendous row that my wife and 19 year old daughter had yesterday at which I was the reluctant referee. It went the distance - all fifteen rounds. But when both were pretty punch drunk and I declared there was no winner, then things calmed down considerably.

The incident must have plagued my conscience all night because the chorus of this song came, unbidden, to me at 7 a.m. this morning, so I sneaked out of bed, wrote it and went back to bed again. Luckily, I remembered how it went when I awoke later. I hadn't thought to record it, I was so sleepy ;)

It will be particularly meaningful for those who have seen the film "Freaky Friday" (one of Jana's favourites) - but for those who haven't, here is the main plot idea. In the film a conflict plagued mum & daughter's consciousnesses are swapped mystically and they wake up in each other's bodies to great comic effect. Eventually, they learn to respect each other's P.O.V.

Now give my song a listen :)

PS I hope someone does "Friday on my Mind" (by the Mindbenders IMS ). It's my all time favourite Friday song.

Ahoy good people - better late than never.
I have been busy the last few days fixing my roof over my garage (it was rotten and full of fungus) but we managed to complete the removal before the rain hit last night.
All that rotten fungus left me 'Fumblin with the Blues' so that is what I recorded (it begins with the word 'Friday')
You people are amazing and I truly enjoy being part of this community.
Tom Waits Fumblin with the Blues

Season 335. Submission 2. "(Looking For) The Heart Of Saturday Night" Written and recorded by Tom Waits (1974) and memorably recorded by Shawn Colvin (1994).

I'm posting this one because it mentions that Friday paycheck, which is so important to that Saturday night. (Not to mention, I suppose, that it's already Saturday for some of us and Caz has just posted a fine, fine Tom Waits song.)

Thanks for hosting this week Linda!
A Friday song by the Cowboy Junkies ~

Season 335. Submission 2. "(Looking For) The Heart Of Saturday Night" Written and recorded by Tom Waits (1974) and memorably recorded by Shawn Colvin (1994).

I'm posting this one because it mentions that Friday paycheck, which is so important to that Saturday night. (Not to mention, I suppose, that it's already Saturday for some of us and Caz has just posted a fine, fine Tom Waits song.)

Well, I was going to wait for tomorrow, but now I might as well post mine also :)
After all, this way I will not have to stress about doing it before catching my plane.

I got one done for Friday

And a Saturday song, the album this is on is really worth checking out. Here is my take on Rickie Lee Jones - On Saturday Afternoons in 1963.

Good evening from a beautifully cool and clear evening on Long Island! My Friday is drawing to a close now and I'd like to thank everyone again for a lovely day of both original and cover songs. What a joy it has been to listen to each and every one.

And now for a special announcement:

SATURDAY BONUS OPTION!

Because tomorrow is the last day for songs honoring the name of a day of the week, here's an expansion of the theme for Saturday: any song from the soundtrack of SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER may be brought! That's right, everyone! How deep is your love!!!!! :)

The link for the list of songs on the soundtrack:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Fever_(soundtrack)

I'll see you there! Stayin' Alive! Linda :)

Friday song. No multi-tracking this time. This was one of the last songs Conway Twitty recorded before his death, and it wasn't released until afterwards.

Top Bottom