Season 335 - Eight Days A Week

So sorry to hear about your friend Linda. These things cut deep.

Thanks for giving me a waiver for this song about a week. It was fun to get it done, and hope you all like it.

Very sorry for your loss Linda! Thinking outside the box here perhaps, but I like doing that sometimes, so here's the NFL Thursday night football theme, some of it anyhow, on the "Finnish Ukulele"......

So very sorry to hear your sad news, Linda ... love and deepest sympathy to you all.

This is a song for Thursday - I think I saw that Pa has already done it, although I can't find it on the Forum. Anyway, I'm sorry to bring it again; but I haven't got time to think of anything else today.

really sorry to hear of this, Linda.
thinking of you mate.
an original song for Thursday.

SKEETER SONG

Thursday it's your birthday
And I'm gonna come and see ya
I'm gonna sting your doorbell
Like some pesky fat mosquita
And if you let me in
I'll kiss you like I used to do
Before that other guy
Sucked all the love right outta you
Cause on Thursday
It's your birthday
The day all us ex-boyfriends call revenge day
Twice shy
Once bitten
Darlin don't you know that I'm still smitten
Cause love it makes you itch
And love it makes you scratch
If you don't wanna see me
Better bolt on up the latch

Thursday - or Why I Did Not Go to Work Today -- Nilsson

Operating under the assumption that you can't have too many Nilsson songs -- even if they are repeats -- I add my version to Randy's. We do things a little differently, but enjoy the heck out of Harry Nilsson, so I am hoping folks will like both versions.

I see commiserations and congratulations are in order.

Commiserations to Linda (Turtledrum) for the loss of her friend.

Congratulations to Linda L on her anniversary even if I am a day late

And today is my Wedding anniversary and yes, she still puts up with me! Next year will be a big one.

Business TIme (Wednesday night is the time for making LUV)

Barry White does Flight of the Concords.
This song might save your life.

Im so sorry to hear this Linda. Times like this really cause us to reflect how short life can be. I hope you and your neighbors can find the comfort you all need at this very difficult time.

Sorry I didnt find the time today. On July 18, 38 years ago today I got married, and the guy still likes me :)

here's my song - to the tune of Oh My Darlin

Today is Weddings day
Today is Wed-nes-day
Today is Wednesday, yes it is
My anniversary
My anniversary
and he still puts up with me!

;-)

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Linda, and your Wednesday anniversary lyrics post. I hope that you and Mitch had a wonderful celebration!

I see commiserations and congratulations are in order.

Commiserations to Linda (Turtledrum) for the loss of her friend.

Congratulations to Linda L on her anniversary even if I am a day late

And today is my Wedding anniversary and yes, she still puts up with me! Next year will be a big one.

Thank you so much for your kind wishes, Geoff, regarding Zach.

And Happy Anniversary to both you and Mrs. Tootler! I hope that you both enjoy celebrating this one!

So sorry to hear about your young friend, Linda. Such a young death leaves everyone without any words to say.

Here is my song for Thursday, written especially for today. My poor young narrator has much to learn and may about to be in for a huge disappointment... or maybe not :)

Thursday song. I attempted some very simple pizzicato on the instrumental break to mimic the sound of the original. Only two-part harmony on this one. The Boys' harmony is so tight on this song that I couldn't figure out all four parts.

Love and strength to you, Linda, and to your neighbors as your community mourns a sudden, shocking loss.

I chose this David Bowie song for today before reading your news. It's about both looking back and looking ahead. As I sang it today, I held you and your neighbors in my heart.

My Thursday is about to come to a close here now and again, I have to thank everyone for another day of beautiful songs. I was greatly touched by the passion I heard in each and every performance: a love for music, a love for the ukulele, a love for sharing what the heart whispers. We had more gorgeous original songs and more gorgeous interpretations of songs previously recorded.

The saying is that "Thursday's child has far to go." And, indeed, our travels are not over. Season 335 has Friday, Saturday and the second Sunday (all Beatles, all day making it the Eighth Day of the Week) still to come. I look forward to the gifts of your presence and music.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening/day to come. Linda

Top Bottom