Season 335 - Eight Days A Week

That may have been the case in 2010. But album releases in the U.S. were switched from Tuesdays to Fridays years ago. I habitually check the new releases on iTunes on Friday or Saturday every week.

Thanks for that update, Jim.

In fact, it appears that the change occurred in 2015. Here's an article that discusses global release dates and Fridays:

https://www.wired.com/2016/08/new-music-fridays-why/

Last edited:
Season 335. Submission 1. "Lady Madonna" (Written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney (1968) and recorded by the Beatles. )

Earlier today Kolibri brought a fine version of this song in Estonian. This one can't hold a candle to that!

Thank you so much everyone, for a fantastic Tuesday of music. And thank you, Jim, for offering the correction on the day of new album releases: previously Tuesday, now Friday.

I hope everyone has enjoyed Linda's fabulous wrap to her Season 334 as much as I have and similarly, found today's posts to offer really fine listens.

Wishing everyone a fine evening! Linda :)

The only way I'll be able to do one every day this week is if I can keep finding easy-to-strum songs that I'm already somewhat familiar with. So here's an old country love song by Johnny Duncan that mentions all five weekdays which I will use for Tuesday.

Although, I'm not sure how country it is with a CMaj7 chord.;)

Here's my Wednesday entry, a Randy Bachman song performed by The Guess Who on their 1969 Wheatfield Soul album.

For my Wednesday selection, here's a Del Reeves tune I get a kick out of. I like his song in part because they have a lot of Bakersfield style guitar picking on them, and I tried to do some of that here.

Here's a Wednesday original blues.In DFAD tuning.The old Skip James tuning minus those two pesky strings.

Mr Rain and Mr Blue
Got a Wednesday morning just made for you
Window’s open come on in
I’m lying here The Unoriginal Sin

It’s a blue rainy day
When love flies away
It’s a blue rainy day
When love flies away

Baby left me late last night
Going back to Buenos Aires on the morning flight
Promised her the sun, but I flirted with the moon
Once I was a player ,now my charango’s outta tune

It’s a blue rainy day
When love flies away
It’s a blue rainy day
When love flies away

Ramona,Ramona is that you in the air
I may be the devil but the devil may care
Ramona,Ramona is that you in the air
I may be the devil but the devil may care

Mr Rain and Mr Blue
Got a Wednesday morning just made for you

Here’s a Wednesday song released in the UK by the Undertones (Feargal Sharkey’s first band) in 1980.

Good morning, everyone! Here's hoping that whether you're in the middle of summer or winter you're having nice weather today.

And today it's time for a Wednesday song. :) I'd like to offer two great artists and two great Wednesday songs this morning. Wishing everyone a fine day of playing, listening and singing! Linda :)

"A Wednesday Car" by Johnny Cash (Other days of the week are mentioned also here.). What a great song!

And John Lee Hooker's "Wednesday Evening's Blues:

Thank you to those who posted today and to those who listened.

My 19 year old neighbor passed in a motorcycle accident on Saturday morning. While growing up, he helped me with various house things along the way and I adored him. Everyone is in a state of shock and there really are no words at times like this.
I've just returned from the wake and am done for the day.

Thank you all for everything and I look forward to the music tomorrow. Linda

Del already did a lovely version of this Undertones pop gem. Not as many Wednesday song options as Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. Huh. Welp, here's another version :p

My 19 year old neighbor passed in a motorcycle accident on Saturday morning. While growing up, he helped me with various house things along the way and I adored him. Everyone is in a state of shock and there really are no words at times like this.

Im so sorry to hear this Linda. Times like this really cause us to reflect how short life can be. I hope you and your neighbors can find the comfort you all need at this very difficult time.

Sorry I didnt find the time today. On July 18, 38 years ago today I got married, and the guy still likes me :)

here's my song - to the tune of Oh My Darlin

Today is Weddings day
Today is Wed-nes-day
Today is Wednesday, yes it is
My anniversary
My anniversary
and he still puts up with me!

;-)

This is so sad - really sorry for you. I hope the music helps in some small way.

I was struggling to find a Thursday song out there so I decided to write my own. I paused to reflect on anything significant that had ever happened to me on a Thursday and immediately remembered that the birth of my beautiful daughter Suzie was on a Thursday!

I’ve been meaning to write something for/about her for a good while, so this was the perfect opportunity. Suzie was actually the reason I started learning the ukulele last October - I separated from her mum a few years back and now only see my little girl (she’s nearly 9) on a couple of wonderful days every week. I found I was spending most of my time in between visits either working or moping around missing her, so I took up the uke as a time filler really, and it’s been the perfect therapy for me!

Anyway, this is for Suzie:

though it's turned over to Thursday here in Oz,
I wrote and recorded this one yesterday and Kev
added some cool parts to it.
an original song for Wednesday.

THE ROAD THAT LED TO ROME

We walked down to the showroom that Wednesday in July
Shining supermodels, lipstick flashing by
Plastic painted chrome they turned like planets in the sky
Grab the keys, foot to the floor and drive

And Wednesday came and went like every Wednesday had before
We had no need for words back then; you and I so sure
Rooftop down we gave ourselves that that stretch of 44
120 on the straight road foot to the floor

We were Bogey and Bacall, Antony and Cleopatra
On the road that led to Rome, kid here's lookin atcha
That Wednesday in July we had no other mantra
But an open road, foot to the floor and drive
The keys they shone like gold reflected in your eyes
Open road, foot to the floor and drive

Freedom's debt to pay was us on that highway
And Wednesday came like any other day
We were only driving home on a road that led to Rome
And Wednesday passed like any other day

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. That's horrible!

Linda, I’m so sad to hear your news. Hang in there.

Here’s a Harry Nilsson song.

Top Bottom