Season 335 - Eight Days A Week

Thanks for hosting Linda :) Late in the day here, but still Monday. This is my cover of Stormy Monday ~
Forgive my indulgence on the lead part. I got carried away with my new toy. The lead part is a single take and though there are some mistakes, I liked the vibe so I kept it.

Last edited:
I notice that while most weeks have more entries early in the week, this is a theme that probably get the most entries late. There are slightly more songs about the weekend.
I hope I manage to record a song to post before I leave for vacation saturday, I have a lot of overtime finishing stuff before I leave. I guess I don't have to wait for hawaiian time for the next day to start, otherwise I would need to post from the airport :)

I notice that while most weeks have more entries early in the week, this is a theme that probably get the most entries late. There are slightly more songs about the weekend.
I hope I manage to record a song to post before I leave for vacation saturday, I have a lot of overtime finishing stuff before I leave. I guess I don't have to wait for hawaiian time for the next day to start, otherwise I would need to post from the airport :)

Viking, we also may see more songs on the weekend because of the Beatles Sunday that is coming up. And, I think I've noticed that Mondays and Tuesdays are sometimes lighter days in terms of posts. I could be wrong on this, though. Perhaps others can share their thoughts?

I do hope you'll have time to bring us a song, but if not, have a fantastic vacation. (Because you won't be here on Sunday, if you'd like to post a Beatles song a bit early, that would be fine, ok?)

It is my aim to bring a song for every one of the 8 days.

Thank you for that, Brian. When I selected the theme, I hoped that some would be able to do this. That being said, I know how difficult it can be at times to record as much as we want to. I'm hoping that everyone gets the chance to do as many as they'd like!

Here on Long Island the day is in its early stages and I've already had the pleasure of hearing some fine Tuesday songs to start my day.

On this day in 1954 the first day of the Newport Jazz Festival was held. Many of us would have given anything to be there for that! Billie Holliday and Ella Fitzgerald! Need I say more? Take a look at this:

http://whatsupnewp.com/on-this-day-in-newport-history-july-17-1954-first-newport-jazz-festival-held/

Tuesdays have more recently been special to music lovers in the States because of new album releases. Here's NPR's take on why this is:

https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2010/09/08/129725205/why-albums-are-released-on-tuesdays

Wishing everyone a wonderful day with the hope that you are enjoying hearing this week's music and preparing your own songs for the theme! Linda :)

Hi Linda!

I meant to do this last night but didn't get a chance ... So here it is for Tuesday. Lowe and Edmunds did this back in the days they were emulating the Everly Brothers, but I didn't have time to double-track the vocals. One of those songs with every weekday in the lyrics.

A fast job so I could go to work!

"Tuesday afternoon is never ending...". "Lady Madonna" (1968), a song that Sparky mentioned here. The lyrics contain all days except Saturday.

Hi, Linda! Well, I am just a TEENY bit early for Wednesday (almost two hours to go here), but I hope you will forgive me - I've got to go to bed in a minute, and, it must, after all, have been Wednesday in Australia for at least 24 hours now! (Actually, I was really pleased to find this song and discover Tori Amos - I need to listen to more of her songs; this one is very clever ... although my interpretation isn't!)

I was researching Wednesday-songs today and discovered there are not that many, but this has Wednesday in the title, this is called Wednesday Morning 3am. And I guess this is more my version, then a cover of the original. I had some multi-tracking fun.

So with about 5 minutes to spare, here’s my own brand new composition for Tuesday. I put a lot of thought and effort into naming it - called it Tuesday! Pure genius, that! :D

An Original - I worry that I may have taken this from somewhere. Let me know.

Its rough but I needed to wrap it up! :)

334 Wrap video has been posted!

Last edited:
Tuesdays have more recently been special to music lovers in the States because of new album releases. Here's NPR's take on why this is:

That may have been the case in 2010. But album releases in the U.S. were switched from Tuesdays to Fridays years ago. I habitually check the new releases on iTunes on Friday or Saturday every week.

Top Bottom