Season 335 - Eight Days A Week

a collaboration between joojoo and I on this Nick Drake song for Saturday.
her art was inspired by the loss of my Dad a little while back, and our relationship.
it's past beautiful. I recorded the song; she went off to her downstairs studio
and in an astonishingly short time, came back with 24 stunning panels.
she then made a video for our collaboration that brought me to tears as I watched
and listened. the sensitivity in her art is beyond words sometimes, her brushstrokes
are a language unto themselves. meeting her is the best thing that ever happened to me.
I am the luckiest man in this world. and of course, there's this song and Nick Drake.
this will always be a special video to us. we hope it makes you feel too, friends.
joo's website

an original song for Saturday.

SATURDAY SONG (AINT TOO LONG)

Saturday song, Saturday song
Aint too long; it's a Saturday song
Over 'fore it started
Did that weekend even happen?
Like kids op'ning their presents
'Fore you even get to wrap em
Then forget about em…

Saturday song, Saturday song
Aint too long cause it's a Saturday song:
Home from work on a Friday night
Next one gone in a flash o light
Spend all of Sunday thinkin about the next one

Monday mornin…

Howdy!
你好! ( Hello in Chinese)

This is a 37 second-long songlet about a few of the Kuehs in Singapore which I love and MISS!

Kueh (Indonesian: kue ) are bite-sized snack or dessert foods originating from Malaysia. It is a fairly broad term which may include items that would be called cakes, cookies, dumplings, pudding, biscuits, or pastries in English and are usually made from rice or glutinous rice. The term kueh or kuih is widely used in Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore and Indonesia to refer to sweet or savoury desserts.

Hope you enjoy!

LYRICS:
there is a restaurant in Serangoon
called Ah Luan Tai Chiak Kueh
they sell the best kuehs in Singapore
that nobody TEOCHEW about

Monday they sell Ang Ku Kueh
Tuesday they sell Chwee Kueh
Wednesday they sell Png Kueh
Thursday they sell Tutu Kueh
Friday they sell Soon Kueh
and Saturday------
they sell my favourite Ku Chai Kueh!

"...from our Saturdays and secret sensations..."
This is an Aztec Camera song, about the bus station in Glasgow, and the people who leave from there.

Last edited:
The magic of the weekend captured by Tom Waits.
Looking for the heart of Saturday night.

In 1976 I loved the Bay City Rollers, even had Bay City Rollers trading cards. My love for them was short lived, but I still love this song. First time ever trying it. This is a very quick take, and I recorded this on Wednesday cause I have already left on a trip, and this will be my last one for this week. Thanks for being an awesome host Linda! Really fun theme. Sorry I couldn't comment more on other peoples videos this week.

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Good neighbors are irreplaceable.

I hope this provides a little cheer (or at least amusement).

Had hoped to post an entry for every day this this week but sadly failed to make it yesterday (Friday) - so in a feeble attempt to make up for it here’s another song that mentions all the days of the week. Those of us of a certain age from both sides of the Atlantic and beyond should recognise it instantly! Hey!

Saturday song. Multiple multi-tracking on this one. The main track with me playing and singing, plus a melody ukulele, a sort of counterpoint melody ukulele, melodica and backing vocals.

My Saturday night has been so enjoyable - fantastic Saturday songs (including several versions of the Tom Waits' classic
"The Heart Of Saturday Night") and terrific Sunday songs coming in from across the pond. Each and every song is a reminder for me of how very special the Seasons and its individual participants are.

Tomorrow is the final day of Season 335, our eighth day in the week. All Beatles, all day is what's in store. I hope we'll have yet another day of fine music in both playing and listening.

Thank you very much, everyone. Wishing you a fine evening! Linda :)

Top Bottom