Season 335 - Eight Days A Week

turtledrum

Reaction score
Season 335: Eight Days A Week

Welcome to Season 355, a celebration of the days of the week.

This Season will run from (Hawaiian time) 12 a.m., Sunday, July 15th, until midnight Sunday, July 22nd.

The Challenge: Please bring a song containing the name of a day in the week in its title or lyrics. The name of the day must match the day of the week in which you post.

For example, Day 1 of the Season is a Sunday. Post songs with the word “Sunday” in the title or lyrics. Only songs with the word “Sunday(s)” may be posted on Sunday, Day 1.

The same procedure will be in place for days 2 – 7 of the Season, Monday – Saturday.

For the last day of the Season (the second Sunday) the “Eighth Day of Our Week” - it’s all Beatles, all day. That’s right – Oooh, I need your love, Babes, eight days this week!

Originals: Yes! Originals may be submitted, in accordance with the above guidelines for posting. For example, an original posted on Monday would contain the word “Monday.”
Originals posted on the last Sunday would contain the word “day.”

Parameters: Remember, only Monday songs on Monday, etc., Beatles on second Sunday and originals posted, as stated above. Unlimited entries.

Please only post songs not previously brought to the Seasons and songs newly recorded this week.

Please listen and comment.

My comments will be placed on the Tube. Thank you! Linda ☺

Reminder: Let’s keep singing for Lesley! Linda’s Season 334 welcomes your songs until midnight Sunday the 15th (Hawaiian time).

PLAYLIST:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGoYd7qUIo5YukwnENrMpzuo91SVTf3V6

Last edited:
This is going to be a fun challenge Linda :)

Oh boy! Great theme!

I'm looking forward to Wim doing U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday already!
Clever theme Linda, lots of great songs immediately spring to mind. I'll do my best to get one done but you know where I'm at, the last Sunday is looking favourite at the moment :)

Last edited:
Guess that means I'll only consider Beatles songs. Silly me, I believe in actually taking time to prepare songs I do publicly.

perhaps you might consider a song for some of the later days in the season?
given that now it's only Saturday night, it would provide you with a number of days preparation time.
another suggestion; challenge yourself - as many of the folks here do -
to write an original song.

What a wonderful theme Linda.
We can challenge ourselves to quickly work up a song for each or any day - a totally worthwhile and valid learning experience.
OR we can pick a day later in the week and take our time to prepare a concert grade performance.
As I say - WONDERFUL theme!

Many of the first songs I think about with a week day in the title have many or all days of the week in the lyrics.
Makes for many songs that can be played on several days, all though it would probably be more suitable to do it on the title day.

Here's a paoriginal written today for your week Linda.
Bit of downer.
I was going to replace the vid with some stills but some of the photos from today's Gaza bombings made me cry. And we all know what homeless people and starving children look like I guess.

Last edited:
Well, I have to do this one...

Clever theme, but woe to those of us that often need days and days to practice or create something original. :confused: What will I do, what will I do?

Here's a Charlie Louvin song I've been wanting to try for a long time, quite a powerful little song I think. Only had time for a quick take, so I kept this one.

A very clever idea for the week, Linda ... even though, at the moment, I can't think of anything but the most obvious day-themed songs, which everyone else will do far better than I could. I am a bit confused as in re: the Beatles Day. Does this mean we can do ANY songs by the Beatles or do the songs have to be related to weekdays?

Here's a "Whispering" Bill Anderson song I discovered fairly recently, and now is the perfect time to try it out. This song is around 10 years old, and the guy who co-wrote this song, Joshua Ragsdale, died very young of cancer a few years after this one came out. He was only 32. This is my legit first take of it, surprised I got all the way thru it, so I kept it.

I did this song awhile back, and it's always been a favorite of mine, so I did it again this Sunday morning. Whether I'm going down or coming up is debatable.....

We can challenge ourselves to quickly work up a song for each or any day - a totally worthwhile and valid learning experience.

I quote this just so you know pabrizzer is completely to blame for this song which is about basically nothing at all, just a description of my day :D

Sunday Brunch
Subtitle: Sparky's Rock and Roll Lifestyle

PS - I'm aware that we're actually more than half of the way through the year but I took a bit of artistic licence...

Last edited:
A very clever idea for the week, Linda ... even though, at the moment, I can't think of anything but the most obvious day-themed songs, which everyone else will do far better than I could. I am a bit confused as in re: the Beatles Day. Does this mean we can do ANY songs by the Beatles or do the songs have to be related to weekdays?

I interpreted it to be any Beatles song, but of course up to the theme setter :) Just wanted to mention a useful list I found:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/songs-with-day-of-the-week-in-title-or-lyrics.197160/

About half way down, a member by the name of Stumpy put together quite an impressive list

Although it doesn't include songs which have all the days in them such as:

Waiting for love - Avicii
Seven Days - Sting
Lady Madonna - The Beatles
Probably lots of others, think there's a Queen one too..

Sparky

Top Bottom