Greetings from Belgium

scara

Reaction score
Hello all,

Greetings from Belgium.

I'm here because of my interest in the Ukulele.
I do not have any experience when it comes to music whatsoever.

It has been almost 20 years ago since I was forced to play the recorder for a semester in school.
These classes were enough to kill my interest in making music.

Last year however the uke caught my eye.
I ended up buying a Ibanez UKC-10 at the local music store.

Playing it turned out to be difficult. All spare time was taken up by my after work studies.
Last month I graduadet and finally have an associates degree (jay!).

Since graduating I've held and produced sound on the uke daily.
I have yet to find other uke players near me (Belgium, West-Flanders, Ostend).
It would be nice to have someone to help me grasp the basics better.

Currently I seem to lack a sense of rythm. I hope this will develop with time.
I'm most comfortable playing along with youtube tutorials right now.

I wish I could say I love my uke, but the feelings are mixed.
Either it is my playing, or something is off with the uke.

Last weekend I replaced the factory strings.

Hope that will improve our bond ;)

If not, I have a birthday coming up. Might look for a replacement...
Not giving up on 'ukuleleing'.

Welcome to UU. YouTube is a good play to start learning ukulele. Most of the time, an ukulele that is improperly setup is enough to take the joy of the whole experience. You can search the web for the setup of ukulele and check against your instrument.

Welcome aboard matey! So long as you are enjoying what you are doing, you WILL arrive at the place you feel you want to be. Just strumming for pleasure, or complex finger-picking; stick with it and make sure it's fun,and everything comes together in the end!

Welcome, recorders are a lot of peoples first introduction to music, but it is also associated with childhood memories, it is in fact quite a good instrument to learn on. :)

I tried throughout my adult life to try to learn to play a musical instrument, guitar, clarinet, piano, flute, harmonica, but it was the uke that actually got me to play music when I retired, so stick with it, it'll come.

I can now, just about, play my ukes, harmonicas, flute, whistles, piccolo, & even my fifes - once you start, you might catch the bug, I'm even learning to read music, & it's all down to that first uke. ;)

Welcome from an Northern neighbour (Holland).
I know there used to be an active scene in Brussels with Brukulele ukukele sessions, but they don't see mto be very active anymore.
Also check out Ukulelezaza from Ghent who is known to organize the odd festival.

Welcome to the forum. Your Marouane Fellaini plays for my club - at least for a little while longer!

Well it sounds better with the new strings.
New ones are staying in tune already, was worried it would take a long time :)

Top Bottom