Acoustic amps

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’ve been using a Marshall AS100D acoustic amp just for my solo vocals and electro-acoustic guitar, and I love it.
However, it is REALLY heavy and as I’m getting older I’m finding it harder and harder to lift it and move it about. (Perhaps I should eat THREE Shredded Wheat for breakfast! lol)
I’m attracted to an array system similar to the Bose L1 systems, but they cost a shed load of money.
Do any of you have any experience of this type of system and can give me any advice or ideas?
Luv n stuff, Dave

For personal use, I'm happy with my Roland Micro Cube, & my little Honeytone - not sure they'd be what you're looking for - just thought I'd mention them. :)

Love my Fishman Loudbox Mini... around 20 pounds, but not sure if it would suit your needs.

Thanks Croaky & Swampy - I’m not familiar with your suggested kit but i’ll Look into it all.

Love my Fishman Loudbox Mini... around 20 pounds, but not sure if it would suit your needs.

This........big time. The Fishman Loudbox mini is as good as it gets for a small easily portable amp. The guitar industry always rates it among the very best out there. I have had one for going on three years now. Have used it for home practice a lot, taken it to band practice many times and it has been played outside at backyard events.

I get along well with the Kustom PA50. Not real expensive. I have a stand for it and I like that I can get it up off the ground if I want. I don't know how it compares in size and weight to your Marshall.

Hi Dave, just remembered that several of my friends bought Trace Acoustic amps many years ago. Believe that they just came out with a new line.

I have the Fishman loudbox mini $329, the Kustom 50 $99, and the Roland micro cube $20 [pawn shop]. they all have their advantages/disadvanrages, but the Loudbox mini has the best sound/ features, especially if you want to use one mic and one instrument with a pickup.

I have a loudbox mini that went wonky on me after less than 3 years of use. It will play fine, but then at random times, the sound just goes all muffled. I thought at first my guitar electronics had gone bad, but it happens when I plug in other guitars, too. I went out and bought the Marshall, but it is indeed a massive beast.

Hi Tony. The loudbox mini certainly seems to (overall) get good write ups. Sorry you have trouble with yours.
As to the Marshall, despite my advancing years, I guess I'll just have to get to the gym more if I'm to carry on using it! lol

Hi Tony. The loudbox mini certainly seems to (overall) get good write ups. Sorry you have trouble with yours.
As to the Marshall, despite my advancing years, I guess I'll just have to get to the gym more if I'm to carry on using it! lol
Yeah, fortunately we put in a different sound system at church and I no longer need to haul it around.

Top Bottom