Trying in NC

Locolele

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been trying to become a guitar and ukulele player for about a year. I'm in Charlotte, NC, on the backside of 45, and work out of my home. I needed something to do, a new challenge, and my young son has shown interest in the guitar. So, I decided to give it all a try.

I have music training in my background, but no stringed instruments. Theory and music reading I have, finger coordination I'm still working on. I know what I should be playing, but getting my hands to do it is the challenge.

I can strum some tunes, but I have higher aspirations. I need to practice more.

LL

Welcome to the forums!! You have found a good place!

Welcome,and enjoy what you do!

Keep your eye on Asheville. There's a ton of people playing folk instruments out there. I met some righteous musicians in Black Mountain (not so much in Hendersonville) and it can be really inspiring/intimidating to go see some of these get-togethers.

Keep trying, I am on the back side of 65. Picked up my first uke about then. Had some music training, but not strings. Finger coordination, still coming. This is a good place.

Welcome to the other side - where the grass is greener!

Thanks for all of the welcomes and encouragement. 90% of the time, I'm okay with the slow but steady progress. The other 10%, I start to wonder if it's going to happen. I didn't have any self-doubt when I was younger. Can't say that now.

LL

Top Bottom