Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ovation applause ukulele

Default ovation applause ukulele

well i was thinkin about buyin this one ukulele but im not sure if its great or what not
    i really want in ukulele is deep and rich tone you know?
    and i can put in a pick up
    but i was rethinkin about buying this for other one
    i was thinkin bout rangin from 100-200

Ive played the applause tenor uke at a local store. unplugged, it didnt seem to have a very deep tone, but the strings that were on it could have had a big impact on the way it sounded. I think my $60 uke sounds better than the applause unplugged. but then again my $60 uke is pretty bada$$. haha! But plugged in... WOW! If it wasn't for the fact that I could get the uke for alot cheaper than what the store was selling it for, I would have picked it up right there.

I don't think he meant the tenor since it is much more expensive. The tenor and the soprano Ovations are very different unplugged.
    The soprano is loud, the tenor is really quiet.
    The tenor sounds like a guitar in my opinion.
    I can recomment the soprano for sure, the tenor is still very easy to play, but it sucks unplugged.

I own a Soprano Applause. I love its sound, it's not as loud as my solid mahagony Ukulele, but still oud enough. The active pick up is good as well. But what do you mean you can put in a pick up?

The tenor applause unplugged is not that great but as mentioned when plugged in it sounds amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by bof View Post
    I own a Soprano Applause. I love its sound, it's not as loud as my solid mahagony Ukulele, but still oud enough. The active pick up is good as well.
    The soprano has a passive pickup, just the tenor has an active one.

Quote Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
    The soprano has a passive pickup, just the tenor has an active one.
    yeah, I got a bit confused about that, of course youre right

yeah i mean like those you can plug in haha but yeah i was lookin for the soprano one.
    but i re think bout it comparing to a wood one cuz i think that for sure wood sounds better than the ovation ones and im not really sure bout this haha im sorry

Quote Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
    I don't think he meant the tenor since it is much more expensive. The tenor and the soprano Ovations are very different unplugged.
    The soprano is loud, the tenor is really quiet.
    The tenor sounds like a guitar in my opinion.
    I can recomment the soprano for sure, the tenor is still very easy to play, but it sucks unplugged.

Well do you recommend the sound quality of the soprano (since thats the one im getting) or is it still better to find ones that are made of wood?

its still up to you. depends on what you want your uke to sound like. i have a vid up on my youtube, playing a soprano applause. and it sounded real nice acoustically with aquila strings. would i recommend it? well, if youre into sopranos, yes. its inexpensive, sounds cool, and looks cool. would i buy one? nope. just not interested in a soprano at the moment. and when i do decide to get one, id be willing to pay the price for a much better sounding instrument.

Thread Information