WTB: Spruce Top Tenor - Higher End

sam13

Reaction score
Hello gang,

Hope your summer is enjoyable.

I am looking for a used Spruce Top Tenor - higher end.

I would consider:

Ko'olau
i'Iwi
Barron River
Kimo Uke
Another of similar quality.

Radius fretboard is a must. My arms are too gangly and fingers too long to work with a flat fretboard.

Would like to have a side port if possible.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers.

Thanks for sharing ... a little rich for my blood, but a beautiful Ukulele for sure!

Thanks for the suggestion Campbell. I have a JS Kinnard already. Superb Ukuleles!

Last edited:
Just so happens I ordered a custom build, Signature Series, Kanile'a Tenor 2 days ago and was wondering what we should do with our I'iwi Bear Claw Spruce Koa tenor. Then I saw your thread.
Due to our traveling back and forth between Oregon and Arizona by air, we have restricted ourselves to 1 ukulele each. How is that possible? Not very easy. The new Kanile'a throws us over our 2 ukulele limit.
The I'iwi has Waverly tuners with Worth Low G Browns strings. It also has the plastic strum guard Charlie Fukuba puts on his Bear Claw Topped ukes. It is in pristine condition. It has always been humidified with multiple Oasis humidifiers.
I would need some help on pricing, but probably the more important question is whether you can wait the 6 to 8 weeks until my new uke arrives, or whether I can do without a ukulele while I wait for the new one to arrive?
I am new to the Ukulele Underground, and hope this is the accepted way to contact you.
Let me know if you have any interest, wish to see photos, etc.
Aloha,
Guy

Just so happens I ordered a custom build, Signature Series, Kanile'a Tenor 2 days ago and was wondering what we should do with our I'iwi Bear Claw Spruce Koa tenor. Then I saw your thread.
Due to our traveling back and forth between Oregon and Arizona by air, we have restricted ourselves to 1 ukulele each. How is that possible? Not very easy. The new Kanile'a throws us over our 2 ukulele limit.
The I'iwi has Waverly tuners with Worth Low G Browns strings. It also has the plastic strum guard Charlie Fukuba puts on his Bear Claw Topped ukes. It is in pristine condition. It has always been humidified with multiple Oasis humidifiers.
I would need some help on pricing, but probably the more important question is whether you can wait the 6 to 8 weeks until my new uke arrives, or whether I can do without a ukulele while I wait for the new one to arrive?
I am new to the Ukulele Underground, and hope this is the accepted way to contact you.
Let me know if you have any interest, wish to see photos, etc.
Aloha,
Guy

Hi Guy,

Welcome.

I will send you a PM.

Thanks for piping in.

Thank you to everyone for either your input or PM offers.

I am still looking.

Cheers.

Top Bottom