Adjustable action

Wow! What'll they think of next? I'd say that's revolutionary...

Even after watching it, I can't quite figure out how that works. :confused:
Fascinating idea though

I built several guitars with adjustable necks. I can see the benefit to them as the tension is so much greater and it's pretty much a given that body geometry is going to change over time and require a neck reset. However for a ukulele, that's going to significantly add to the complexity of the build with not much benefit in my opinion.

And what happens when the owner starts mucking around so much that they stuff things up?

It is eye opening! However, one would hope you don't have to adjust the action too often.

I had the pleasure of recording this for Luis, I also played the instrument. The idea is to be able to set the action height to what you personally prefer, most would set it and leave it there. You could adjust the height higher for low tension strings or lower for high tension strings. If you wanted to play slide you could set it higher, as usually is the case. So you can tweek it or just find your sweet spot and leave it.

I built several guitars with adjustable necks. I can see the benefit to them as the tension is so much greater and it's pretty much a given that body geometry is going to change over time and require a neck reset. However for a ukulele, that's going to significantly add to the complexity of the build with not much benefit in my opinion.

And what happens when the owner starts mucking around so much that they stuff things up?

You tell me. You built several.

Top Bottom