Shipping question

14kremz

Reaction score
I am considering selling an ukulele from California to Germany. What would be the best shipping method to use? Please help.

Looking for the most cost effective with tracking and insurance, if possible.

The companies that Cam suggested can be very expensive (and sometimes not, go figure). How big is the Uke? I sent a number of Ukes from Australia to the USA and UK, double boxed and have always used he Australian Post Office. There has never been a problem.
I suggest that you box it and bring it to the USPS to give you a cost.

A couple of years ago I shipped a tenor ukulele from Los Angeles to Bruce Wei in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam via US Postal Service for $66. When I receive ukes from him, the shipping fee is $65.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input. I have checked FedEx and it was going to cost quite more than I expected. UPS for some reason is not giving me an option for the the shipping. I will check the other companies.

I am shipping a soprano with a case, so I am checking with others that might have some experience shipping to Europe.

The companies that Cam suggested can be very expensive (and sometimes not, go figure). How big is the Uke? I sent a number of Ukes from Australia to the USA and UK, double boxed and have always used he Australian Post Office. There has never been a problem.I suggest that you box it and bring it to the USPS to give you a cost.

Also, you can experiment at home with different box sizes, etc. Then use the Postage Calculator to get the cost. Click-N-Ship will let you print the label at home. Unfortunately, they stopped giving a discount for printing the label yourself.

I have found that when shipping internationally from the US, the US Postal System is by far the most cost effective. In fact, it isn't even close; USPS can cost a fraction of what FedEx or UPS charge.

I've never shipped a uke overseas, but in years past I've shipped banjos and guitars to England, France, Sweden, Holland, Germany, Australia and Japan... no question: USPS is best.

edited: I forgot! I shipped a banjo uke to France once :D

Make sure it is fully insured. Signature required and written notification sent to you when delivery was received and by whom.

Top Bottom