FS: 2018 Pono MTD-SP tenor uke with pod case UK / EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirate Jim

Reaction score
I've recently moved house and so I'm using it as an opportunity to have a bit of a clear out. I've been listing a few ukes, all have been well cared for in a smoke free home.

Next up is my Pono MTD-SP tenor ukulele with a pod case. This is the uke that got me back into tenors after a couple of years of being a soprano guy. I wanted to compare it with the Cordoba 35TS as they had very similar specs and picked one of those up. Prefer the sound of the Cordoba, so this one mostly sits in its case now. I've been delaying selling it as it's so nice but I really would rather someone had it and played it rather than it gathering dust here. It has the radiused fretboard that seems to be quite coveted on these boards!

It's in excellent condition and it's one of the 2018 models with the new bracing. I think it's CITES compliant as there's no rosewood but would prefer not to test that, so an UK / EU sale is preferred. There are a couple of marks in the finish on the back that I could only photo by holding the uke at a specific angle in bright daylight - I didn't know they were there until I came to listing it which shows you how little they can be seen.

Solid spruce top
Solid mahogany back, sides, and faceplate
Ebony fingerboard and bridge
Rope marquetry rosette
Bone nut and saddle
Gloss lacquer finish on the body
Satin finish on the neck
Radiused fingerboard
Martin flouro strings (left handed, will swap back to RH at buyer's request)

£390 collect from Gloucester or Swindon
£400 posted UK
€480 posted EU

20180717_181257.jpg
20180717_181308.jpg
20180717_193021.jpg
20180717_182609.jpg

Satin neck vs. gloss body:
20180717_181339.jpg

These are great instruments, very much like the higher level pro classic at a more affordable price. I had the baritone "big brother" in the very same model and wood combo and loved it. Good luck with the sale Jim

Thanks Dave! On that note, I would consider trades for an equivalent level baritone. If I could transform this one into the big brother Dave has mentioned I would keep it!

eBay offered me a listing with minimal fees so I've put this up on eBay if someone wants to get it a bit cheaper (no bids as of yet, ends Sunday evening).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom