Mya Moe Secret Vault Collection: Mya Moe 1848 - All Myrtle

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This is from the Mya Moe Secret Vault collection.(Click to see the collection). There are around 24 ukes that have wood special enough to be part of the vault!
Gordon's video talking about the secret vault

1848 has amazing myrtle wood grain. It sounds as sweet as it looks.
Aaron playing this uke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxB9RlGk5d4

Spec: https://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=1848

Reason I am selling:

I recently bought a first hand Moore Bettah that has become my "special" ukulele. 1848 is too nice a ukulele to use for every day playing and when I have the time I prefer my Moore Bettah and this lovely uke has been ignored off late. Time to hand this over to the next player.

Also, in my UAS journey I have come to realize that it is more important to try different builders and form factors than have 2 similar ukes. I have a cheaper tenor uke from Mya Moe that has a cutaway (my only uke with a cutaway).

I am including a few pictures here, more can be found here: https://kerneltime.smugmug.com/Ukulele/Mya-Moe-1848/n-q36DMN/i-P4HsJvk/A

Sound Sample (Thank you for ignoring my poor skills.. and the iPhone mic)
https://soundcloud.com/user-976857705/myamoe1848

Condition: This is in excellent condition, there is a minor blemish on the corner behind the head stock and on the bottom of the neck close to the body (pics included) and some usage marks below the strings from strumming but those very hard to see or photograph.

Price: I am selling it for $2100 + $50 for shipping with US (if you are outside US, we can figure out the logistics).
It comes with a Mya Moe Case.

If you live in Northern California, we can arrange to meet up.

Paypal only.

PS:
My other Mya Moe is #1181 it is in excellent condition and I would be willing to sell that instead of this for $1500, to bring the number of tenor ukes from Mya Moe down to 1. I would prefer to sell this as it does not have a cutaway. I do not plan to sell both.

I also have a Mya Moe beansprout #1292, that I am willing to sell for $800 (it needed repair that was done by Aaron himself). Banjo ukes were an experiment, I am not ready for them..

i-6mGn9SP-M.jpg

i-BBdBNJB-L.jpg

i-WnQ3JxT-M.jpg

i-f6nnwF2-M.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 138
  • i-6mGn9SP-M.jpg
    i-6mGn9SP-M.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Beautiful looking uke. Good luck with the sale.

I’ll check it out. You do know that Gordon & Char have retired, Aaron has ‘beansprout’ and the Mya Moe name, site, brand, etc have been passed on to Cary of Chicago? I’m sure you’ll have no trouble selling on your Mya Moe’s.

I’ll check it out. You do know that Gordon & Char have retired, Aaron has ‘beansprout’ and the Mya Moe name, site, brand, etc have been passed on to Cary of Chicago? I’m sure you’ll have no trouble selling on your Mya Moe’s.

Yup, I have been following them. Let me know if you need more information from me.

Tempting

Yup, I have been following them. Let me know if you need more information from me.

So tempting! I picked up the 2nd last Mya Moe from Gordon (2522) in June at White Salmon in June; I also met Cary, who was packing up the gear to take to Chicago. Looks like you are offering both of your MM’s at good prices, especially the ‘Secret Vault’ 1848. The cutaway 1181 would be good, too. Decisions. Decisions. If only I hadn’t just acquired the 2522. I’ll think about it but I’m sure someone will snap up these MMs quick smart. I do wonder how much these two Mya Moe’s cost you, particularly the ‘secret vault’ myrtle because your price looks very good. How might we discuss possible purchase in a less public forum? Btw, I’ve been looking at the ‘Moore Bettah’ site since seeing your ‘ad’ here and can understand how you would have the MMs to pass on having acquired a Moore Bettah. Cheers, thanks for anther nudge along the education trail.

On the #1292, what type of repair was needed?

Updated to include the pictures here itself.. did not realize that we can link pics hosted externally!
Also, any advice, if UU members do not grab this soon, should I use ebay? consignment?

Last edited:
...Judging from the posts most UU members think $500 is a lot to pay for a ukulele, $2500 is on another planet for them. They like looking at the pictures and hope the price will drop a lot so they can afford these type of ukes...

Gonna take the high road here and just say...wow.

You could try listing it at the Flea Market Music Marketplace :D https://www.fleamarketmusic.com/marketplace/Default.asp

+1

And, 8 days is not very long for a premium item like yours. I wouldn't be discouraged if I were you. If I hadn't just purchased a MM a month ago, I would be purchasing yours--assuming you would sell it to me for $500. :rolleyes:

Thank you all, for the +ve and constructive feedback. I have posted it on FMM. After some time I will probably list it on reverb (will not be going the ebay route..)
I am willing to wait.. what is the downside? I get to play some really nice ukes for a few more days!
UAS compels me to try more different ukes.. but there is no point in hoarding..
I just put on Thomastik CF30 low G on 1848, if someone is interested I can upload a new sound sample. FYI: It sounds great!

Don’t get discouraged. As you go up the value scale with any instrument the size of the pool of perspective buyers shrinks. Those who would consider a MM know that the Secret Vault woodsets came at a premium price and yours is truly gorgeous. There’s one MM that I used to own that I wish I hadn’t sold so be sure you really want to part with this most unique instrument.

Judging from the posts most UU members think $500 is a lot to pay for a ukulele, $2500 is on another planet for them. They like looking at the pictures and hope the price will drop a lot so they can afford these type of ukes.

I don't follow that at all. There are members here whose signature lines show collections that easily reach into five figures. I agree $500 is a lot to pay for most folks, when great playing ukes can be had for less. But there's no shortage of folks here who can and have bought multiple ukes in the $2k range. Collectors see value, and are willing to pay. This one actually strikes me as underpriced, given its extraordinary pedigree. And, I mean, just look at it!

This has to be the strangest for sale threads I have ever seen here. I think we all agree that this particular instrument is:
A) a masterpiece, a top of the line example of the craftsmanship available from Mya Moe.
B) a bargain as the asking price is a fraction of the original cost.
C) that the greater proportion of Uke players couldn’t afford it. (I play with various groups, totaling about 100-130 people. If 5 of these people have an instrument that costs more than $1200 I’d be surprised).
At least we are keeping this post at the top of the for sale list.

Top Bottom